The trip is on.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone...
We are in the Ely Koa in Ely Nevada. Fuel in Nevada is a low of $4.15 in Fallon. The drive has been beautiful, going through the deserts at this time of year. "Nice and cool". We stayed in the Fallon RV park instead of the Sage valley RV park the first night, due to Sage had everyone packed in like sardines. We could not even open the slide outs they were so close. I would rate fallon rv park a 5 out of 10. Here at the Ely Koa, I would rate it also a 5 out of 10. Tomorrow we are off to the Bauer's ranch and RV in Glendale Utah. We will be staying there a few days because they are centered between Bryce and Zion National parks and we want to see them both. We took a few pictures of each campground, but they are not worth uploading. When we get better pictures, I will upload them.
Thanks again for all your good wishes and we are looking forward to seeing some of you. Traveling is great. We have met some very nice people. One lady is taking our same route to Kanab Utah, then she goes to Connecticut.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maxtor -

glad things are goin' well and that yall are safe.

sounds like folks havent necessarily cut back on the travel (even @ 415 a gallon)

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I am on my way North from Florida, Just did the Great Smokey Mountain Divide and was up a Mountain at 5048 Ft Elevation with no problems, 15 Miles uphill 7% grade and then downhill for an other 15 miles.

F2505000ft.jpg

Last edited:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got on the road a little late, about 10:30 a.m. There was so much to do. We left Redding and went south on I-5 to hwy 36 in Red Bluff, then went east through Mineral, which had snowed the night before. All the trees, beautiful tall Pines were covered in snow. Once we passed Reno, it was very windy. We arrived in Fallon Nevada 305 miles later at Sage Valley RV Park. Wow,,, what a dump. we would not have been able to open our slide outs without hitting the next guy, so we went to Fallon RV Park, which was nice. Fuel was $3.159 We left Friday morning at about 9 a.m. and headed to Ely Nevada. The desert this time of year is very nice. Not to hot. We arrived at KOA of Ely at about 3 p.m. and the camp site was also very nice. After a good nights rest we were off at 8 a.m. to go to Bauers Ranch and rv campground. We took hwy 20 from Ely to hwy 89 in Utah. A very beautiful drve. I counted five cars that passed us in the opposite lane, in about a 50 mile streach. Most of the road was open range, so we had to dodge the cattle in the road. We arrived at Bauers at about 2:30 p.m. The people there were very nice, but the sites were not level, and to close together. There WiFi was not working very well and they did not have cell phone access, so we got back in the truck and headed toward Zion National Forrest. At the junction of hwy 89 and hwy 9 which leads to Zion, we found a nice campsite. Wifi works, cell phone works, nice restaurant, and full hookups. It is now 7:25 p.m. local time and we are going to the restaurant for some refreshment. Tomorrow we go up into Zion,, we will take more picutres.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maxtor -

glad things are goin' well and that yall are safe.

sounds like folks havent necessarily cut back on the travel (even @ 415 a gallon)

Some have Bush, but others like us think now is a good time to go. If it gets to $7 per gallon, we might adjust our trip, but I think not, because we might not be able to travel latter in our lives. Our 74 gallon in bed tank has come in handy, because here diesel is $4.309 per gallon, but in Flagstaff it is much less. We have enough fuel to make it to flagstaff, without buying this higher fuel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14