The trip is on.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please take photos, keep in touch and let us know how things are goin'
feel free to contact me if you need anything, ill be happy to help
where ever i can or relay messages if it helps.

Thanks Bush

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you two are enjoying your time on the road.
Just keep us up dated on where you are when you can get to Wi-Fi.
Most of all be safe and have a good trip.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day four, and we went into Zion National Park. :eek:
Very beautiful. We took 74 pictures. below are a few. Tomorrow the Grand Canyon. By the way, we had a guy follow us who had a dodge diesel, and he did ok on the flats, but when we hit the mountains, he faded back. His was a 2002 cummins. His 5th wheel was about 2000 lbs. lighter than ours. :D

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Very Kool.................:sweet

Thanks for sharing. :clap:

Tbar

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By the way, we had a guy follow us who had a dodge diesel, and he did ok on the flats, but when we hit the mountains, he faded back. His was a 2002 cummins. His 5th wheel was about 2000 lbs. lighter than ours.

Now that's the kind of stories we want to hear from the road. Great pictures. Keep them coming and take care.

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Great pics, I love that area. Fuel seems to be on par with us here in Wisconsin. Enjoy the fair weather & drive safe, looking forward to your next post.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Day six

After leaving cameron Arizona, we hit some very strong winds. We have had winds since we first came into Nevada, but now they are stronger. We are now in Gallup N.M. and the wind is very strong and forcast to be 60 mph by Thursday. So we will be leaving here tomorrow and hope to get out of the strong wind. Fuel prices are $4.089 here. 24.5 gallons filled the tank at exactly $100. Some of this tank of fuel was going to the Grand Canyon without the 5th wheel, so a fuel mileage check would not tell much.
We would really like to stay here longer and check out the area, but with the wind, it is not much fun. I had to strap down our cube satellite antenna or it would be blown away. Right now the 5th wheel is rocking from gust to gust.
We are laughing and having fun. Luke is enjoying the trip and was in awe when I held him up to see the Grand Canyon. He looked from one end to the other. It would have been interesting to read his thoughts. Bummer,,, I left one of my Helmut Lotti cd's at home. At least we have one. :D
We are looking forward to another great day. We plan to stay at Santa Rosa Campground in New Mexico tomorrow. I hope the wind is a little calmer there.
Santa Rosa Campgrounds - Campgrounds, RVs, Cabins; Santa Rosa, New Mexico.

I really love our PSD, most all the hills we are taking in cruise control at 62 mph which is 1750 rpm, and that has been with this cross wind. I have not had one dodge or chevy pulling a comparable sized trailer pass us. :D
On I-40 the 18 wheelers are blowing past us at 75 plus mph. We are not in any hurry, so 62 mph is just fine.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58