The trip is on.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get tired of looking at the desert Max make a run north up to the Golden Triangle area(Taos, Angle Fire, Red River).

It is very scenic if you like the mountains. We love that area........!!!

New Mexico 2002 pictures from outdoors photos on webshots

Tbar

Thanks for the information. Very pretty pictures. That would have been great, but we have reservations at Santa Rosa RV Park for tomorrow night.
There is so much to see. Retirement is great. :D

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
For a few years now I do drive on the freeway a bit slower then the trafic when I tow my 5th Wheel. That way I can just let the traffic move away from me and not have any cars or trucks fill my allowed space between the car in front of me. I find its much more relaxing instead of slowing down, speeding up and having to change lanes. In a way, I am the slow camper that everyone blames that they have to change lane to pass!!!!!!!

But if the drivers would not fill that space I would surely like the keep with the traffic. but because they fill the spot I am the one that has to slowdown because I need the space to drive safely. I've had to many close calls driving with the traffic.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool terrain. that looks like some nice flat straight road......HOW FAST DID YOU GET IT UP TO?!

We were cruising at 62 mph, on cruise control. I try to keep it as constant as possible. The fastest we have gone is about 72 mph with the brakes on going down a steep grade. When we hit the flats or going up hill, I just keep it at 62 mph. When we hit the flat lands of Texas, it will be interesting on what our mpg will be.
Fastest in a car was 185 mph in our 240Z V8.:dizzy
The quickest was 10.79 with our 60 Falcon, 428SCJ :eek:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
When we hit the flat lands of Texas, it will be interesting on what our mpg will be.

If the winds aren't too bad I would suspect you milage will be pretty good. You will be making a very gradual decent in altitude off the high plains from ~3000 down to 400' when you get to Dallas.

Tbar

jviola

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Winds

Hey Maxtor you be carefull with the high winds they can bite you in the butt at the blink of an eye. Keep the post comming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58