The water is a-rising in grand forks...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Um, first of all I didd'nt think that I would ever see a thread of grand forks on here wow! this diesel community is closer then I thought! As posted the Kennedy is the only bridge that is open over here. I used to use the louis A murray bridge to get to work and now I have to go over the mallory bridge. The water is gettin pretty high over here. I'm hopin that we dont get wet again though. And I hope Fargo makes it out of it ok. Sorry guys I don't have any pics. They were arresting people that were even close to the dikes and walls

It's been over 20 years since we followed the B-52's and left Grand Forks. My memory is rather foggy with the bridge names.

I only recall two bridges between the east bank and the west bank. The US 2 bridge and the Demers Ave bridge. Which name is what??

Looking at a satellite photo, I see a third bridge on Minnesota Ave near the junction of the Red River and the river that flows from Crookston, MN. I don't remember that bridge, is it something that was built since '86?

FWIW, we still kinda fondly remember our time in GF. We still have some friends living in the area. Mrs TG got her nursing degree from UND. The time I spent stationed at GFAFB wasn't the highlight of my USAF career, but we do miss living there and the friends we left in the rearview mirror when we had to leave.

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The us 2 is the kennedy bridge, the demers ave is the sorlie bridge. The other you are seeing I believe is the point bridge. It is fairly old, i am sure it was there when you were.

sawed off

Party like a rockstar
Reaction score
The us 2 is the kennedy bridge, the demers ave is the sorlie bridge. The other you are seeing I believe is the point bridge. It is fairly old, i am sure it was there when you were.

Yep! thats what they are. They ended up making a 4way stop by the Mallery bridge, so traffic isn't so congested. Still, having the US-2 bridge for the only route to North Dakota sure makes it fun for anyone trying to make it over there. Hopefully it will all be done soon, Prayers going out to Fargo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14