This could get ugly!!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered my HX mod line yesterday, should be here Monday.

Have an appointment Monday to get the fuel pressure checked. Question to that effect. Autozone has a fuel pressure guage. I did not purchase it because of the line question. Does the line have to be steel? Can it be a rubber hose with the correct fittings, clamps and tef. tape?

Jeff.

Hope the HX line does it for ya.

The fuel gauge line can be made of anything that is rated for Pressure and is Diesel friendly. Clamps and Tef tape would be OKay too. I prefer the 1/8th inch HP plastic type with compression fittings.. your preference tho..:dunno

Joe

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mechanic I took my truck to today, did not know how to check the fuel pressure at the canaster. He said he had to take the alternator off to check it. I passed on that and asked him to do a cylinder contrabution test and a buzz test. During the buzz test, you could hear that #3 was a little quieter than the other 7 so I said here we go again and I prepaired to install for the 3rd time the #3 injector.

When I started to take the bolt off that holds the injector down I found the bolt to be hand loose. I tightened it and fired it up. NO MORE MISS. Shut her down and installed the HX MOD.

Test drive: Smooth as silk. Shifts better,sounds better and runs alot better.

On the fuel pressure. I am going to take the plug out to match the threads. Exactly where on the canaster is the plug located. Looking down on the fuel filter.

Jeff

jeffnzoya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe told me about it. It came today from dieselsite (888-414-3457). It's a high pressure line that replaces two plug's in your oil rails between the turbo and the y pipe. He says it equalizes the oil pressure and since the injectors are fired by oil pressure it make's them fire more in unisin I gues.

My truck has had a miss for quite a while and the #3 injector was deffinately the problem and since I did not test drive the truck after fixing the injector prior to the HX mod, I don't know for sure how much the HX mod helped, but I know it is smooooooth.

Thank's Joe

Jeff

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big Joe told me about it. It came today from dieselsite (888-414-3457). It's a high pressure line that replaces two plug's in your oil rails between the turbo and the y pipe. He says it equalizes the oil pressure and since the injectors are fired by oil pressure it make's them fire more in unisin I gues.

My truck has had a miss for quite a while and the #3 injector was deffinately the problem and since I did not test drive the truck after fixing the injector prior to the HX mod, I don't know for sure how much the HX mod helped, but I know it is smooooooth.

Thank's Joe

Jeff

;tu

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Test drive: Smooth as silk. Shifts better,sounds better and runs alot better.

On the fuel pressure. I am going to take the plug out to match the threads. Exactly where on the canaster is the plug located. Looking down on the fuel filter.

Jeff

Kinda hard to describe but if yer lookn Down on the Filter housing, it's on the back, upper right side, out on the end of a canister casting.

:rant I gota learn howta take & post pictures :rant

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
"hx" or also called "hpx", stands for High Pressure Crossover. the theory behind it is that the pressure sensor is only in one bank, so the opposite side could be a different pressure, causing each bank to inject unequal amounts. the crossover is like an h-pipe on a hotrod, it equalizes the pressure so all 8 injectors are pressurized exactly the same. i havent done mine yet, but want to!

DID YOU KILL THE CAT YET?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a problem! I think Zookie pretty well covered it. Can this be done in addition to shimming the FPR?

Sure can. 2 good inexpensive Mods to make things noticeably better.. Smoother, Quieter more efficient operation.

There are more in depth ways of accomplishing even better results.. it just depends on how much money you want to spend.;):)

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl