Question This is nuts!!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It did great for about 1/2 the day and started messing up again. If I sit at a light for 30 sec. or more it feels like it's loading up then when you start moving it falls on it face the belches out a cloud of heavy black smoke then it's up and running fine. The pump has to be out of time. They put in a new pump and it was not doing this soooooo.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took 3 EGR's but it's fixed now. The EGR's were getting stuck open at a idle. So they say. We will see.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took 3 EGR's but it's fixed now. The EGR's were getting stuck open at a idle. So they say. We will see.

stuck on WHAT ??? THREE OF THEM ???
this is where ill call BULL****...time to find a new
servicing dealer <one that knows what a PROPER filter looks like
would be a good place to start> !

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I don't see how it could run..there are sensors for oil pressure and volume. Thats a strange thing, that is.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how it could run..there are sensors for oil pressure and volume. Thats a strange thing, that is.

I know it's crazy there was a dent in the element were that button is. But that part is fixed and I did hand the element to the dealer and said some not so nice things, and told them to get there head out of there .... then showed my ASE master teck. card and walked out to my truck and drove off.

As for the EGR the teck was there and I talked to him and he said ford is having a nightmare problem with this. There running a average of 3 to 1 on replacements on the EGR's.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You've got an 04, why not just unplug egr and call it a day?

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may not have been closed on power off, so it would leak on you when you tried to run. Yeah this is happy stuff isn't it?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here we go again

:rant:rant #3 EGR took a dump last night and it smoked so bad I had to unplug the EGR to get home. But I'm leaving town tonight, so I'll fix it Monday. Does not smoke when it's unplugged and the power is up strong.

If it would not kill my warranty, I'd pull the darn thing out and toss it in the trash. I truly believe they build problem into thing for the hell of it.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58