Question This is nuts!!

ciscofreak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
see post #13 !!! find a new servicing dealer !!!

There was a stop order on EGR valves just last week because of supplier issues. THIS is why people (like myself also) ate threw valves like crazy.

Look around at some other forums for the official letter. I'm too lazy to look it up.

ciscofreak

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
May 14, 2008To:All Ford and Lincoln Mercury Dealers, Service Managers, Parts ManagersSubject:Stop Sale and Shipping Instructions for Select 6.0L EGR ValvesIMMEDIATE ACTION REQUESTED – STOP SALE on 4C3Z-9F452-A and 5C3Z- 9F452-AA

* A manufacturing concern has been found in 6.0L EGR valve part numbers 4C3Z-9F452-A and 5C3Z- 9F452-AA.
* A design change has been initiated to correct the issue.
* Use of parts manufactured prior to this change could reduce customer satisfaction.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting...im must be really lucky to have only ever had to have had ONE egr valve replaced.
i wonder what valve those p/n are for...the 05-07 or 03-04

further investigation shows the single A part number is for the 03-04/04.25
the double A (AA) p/n is for the 05-06

interestingly enough these p/n have been in use since at least the 1st revision back in 2004 !
and theres no mention of what egr p/n is used for an 07.

seems that possible someone changed the mfg spec and not the p/n...gonna make it impossible
to identify which valves are "suspect"...lets hope they change the p/n on the NEW valves !

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to go back for a 4th EGR. All the EGR's I sold 2 months ago are on a return to manufacture list. So I have about 30 of them sitting here. The dealer thats been working on my truck said they would put a block off plate in unill the problem was fixed with the EGR's. SWEET!!! Because they have no EGR's at this time. All the ones I have, have a pink dot on them. So I dont know if thats a color date code on them or what, but the two I have in the box have a pink dot on them and there new not used and there on the call back list to.

Last edited:

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the egr that i have on my truck is the same p/n (and its been on there since...god knows)

if the "bad" ones are identified by p/n only they were in a world of hurt...cause they ALL have those part numbers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58