Tire recall..........

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
BOLO (Be On Look Out) for a recall notice on the Continential LT275-70-R18 tire on 06 trucks coming your way in the mail from Continential.

Seems there's a chance of failure on these:
Here's the info I have..........

DOT# P5151V3W
DATE CODE 2205 OR 2305

DOT# P5151V3B
DATE CODE 2205 OR 2305

DOT#P5P846LB
DATE CODE 2205 OR 2305

DATE CODE is located on the black wall side of the tire.

Call your dealer for inspection/replacement, I'm taking mine in Monday for 5 new shoes

Last edited:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
John are they(Dealer) offering a brand choice for the replacements or just a newer build date Continental?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
bill
my moms 04 had the continental tires, they got replaced with scorpions last year because theywere coming apart at the edges. is this related??

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Bill I didn't ask as I was suprised that instead of having to fight the dealer the service advisor asked "how fast can you get it here", I almost fell out of my chair :eek:

I'll find out Monday morning at 6:15 what choices I have and let you folks know.

On Edit: I just looked at BFG's website and they don't have a tire in the OEM size in the A/T selection.
Can I run the 285-65-R18 "D" rated tires or am I stuck with Continentals OEM tire??

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
jharvey
the tire concerns are forcing dealers to do some great things
my dealer in hoover told us when we bought the boss that if we ever had a tire concern to not hesitate to come in and they will make it right .... period
they even put it in writing

CHPMustang

Reaction score
powerboatr said:
bill
my moms 04 had the continental tires, they got replaced with scorpions last year because theywere coming apart at the edges. is this related??
Good question indeed as I haven't been following the latest with Continentals issues,might have to see what Ford Oval has up article wise.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
jharvey said:
Bill I didn't ask as I was suprised that instead of having to fight the dealer the service advisor asked "how fast can you get it here", I almost fell out of my chair :eek:

I'll find out Monday morning at 6:15 what choices I have and let you folks know.

On Edit: I just looked at BFG's website and they don't have a tire in the OEM size in the A/T selection.
Can I run the 285-65-R18 "D" rated tires or am I stuck with Continentals OEM tire??
The only OEM 265 size I saw BFG has is the Long Trail and Rugged Trail(better bite) but no TKO which is what you're probably looking for.

I couldn't find anything in 285/65-18's but I definitely look into BFG's,Michelins or something more name brand.

951_POWERSTROKE

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but negative things reguarding Continental Tires........Complants about the ride, premature wear....etc I guess I was in luck when my came with BFG's. ;)

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Showed up at the dealer this morning at 6:15 and after their "inspection" I qualify for new shoes but, they don't stock this tire and they have to be ordered from Ford and could take 2-4 days if I'm lucky.

Called 2 other dealers and got the same story.

An active re-call on a "could be" serious safety issue and they don't even have the parts to perform the "fix" :cussing:

What a waste of my time, going hunting for a different brand

John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg