Tire recall..........

greydoor

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
18' wheels

on those pos 275 70 18 by continential -

has anyone thought of putting 17's on and then putting an all terrian on those? My buddy bought a 05 250 same week as me from the same dealer - his had 17's and mine had the continential 18's. I'm thinking of going to custom tire shop and seeing if they have any 17's laying around and switching. I searched high and low for 18's toyo mudgrabbers were quoted at $1,600 for a set! what a rip. Anyone tried anything different, dealer says all i need to do if i change to 17's is recalabrate the computer which has different wheel sizes in it

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey greydoor, posting in several forums will not get you answers faster or better. This place is not that big and most everyone reads all of the forums.

Dave

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P5151vub

I have the above tires on my truck. So far so good, but only have around 4300 miles on the truck, no rain, no snow, no ice, no mud. Tires still look new. No problems so far. I do not see any tread ware at this point. My tires show
"made in Mexico" and that does not make me feel good. Quality control could be an issue. You guy's in the North East will be able to give them a good test this winter. Please let us know how you like them in the snow, and ice.

fly boy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the 20 inch goodyears on my truck, however the spare tire under the truck is an 18 inch continental I think. I will check it out with the delaer since it is going in for an oil change pretty soon.

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Jharvey
I really think you are better off switching rim sizes to get a great tire. Only if your search for 18" tires comes up sour.

BubbaNtx

BubbaNtx
Reaction score
Hello 04 Harley has the continental tires on it been thru Rain (live in Houston) Sleet Snow Four trips to Colorado . Looking to rplace My 18 inch tires Dont Know what i will do but I found 5 18 inch tires I am Looking at SCOTT

dieselpilot

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yokohama are releasing an 18 inch tire (Geolandar A/T-S) sometime in the first quarter of 07. My dealer also advised that Dean Tires (Cooper) are expecting to manufacture 18 inch tires as well. I had a set of Durangos on my last rig and really liked them although the mileage (lifecycle) wasn't that great.

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's about time the manufactures got with the program. It would be nice if they did it for the 17's too. I looked at the Geolanders before, but the weight rating was so poor, they were overloaded just with the truck sitting empty!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg