Today is the last day...

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just a cryin shame! To me the biggest problem in this country is there are too many small groups of snivelin idiots that DON'T get the whole story on issues before they start their little protests, marches and lobbying. People look at me like :eek: when I tell them the mileage my X gets then they say "Why, I didn't know something that BIG could get that kinda mileage". Especially when they come up to me in recent weeks and say "must suck driving that thing right now!" Although my first instinctive reaction is to say back to them "not as much as you suck", but I get just as much satisfaction in telling them the mpg's and that I can tow my second home around with it as well. This thing gets better gas mileage than my 97 V6 Explorer!

I'm just happy I bought mine when I did. I plan on having it for a long, long time. I absolutely love it!

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Ask them the MPG they would get towing their house with their econobox (it couldn't be done!) :thumbs

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
haulin8or said:
It's just a cryin shame! To me the biggest problem in this country is there are too many small groups of snivelin idiots that DON'T get the whole story on issues before they start their little protests, marches and lobbying. People look at me like :eek: when I tell them the mileage my X gets then they say "Why, I didn't know something that BIG could get that kinda mileage". Especially when they come up to me in recent weeks and say "must suck driving that thing right now!" Although my first instinctive reaction is to say back to them "not as much as you suck", but I get just as much satisfaction in telling them the mpg's and that I can tow my second home around with it as well. This thing gets better gas mileage than my 97 V6 Explorer!

I'm just happy I bought mine when I did. I plan on having it for a long, long time. I absolutely love it!

Git'm Greg..my reply is always "Yea, the worst part about it is that I'll have to fill-up again in about 725 miles or so".... :roflmao

Matt M PA

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am proud to ahve an '05 Excursion...the last of the breed. Or, as I call it...last of Ford's Gentle Giant".

I was surprised to hear last weekend that a friend of mine's wife's Escape..doesn't get much better MPG than my V10 Ex.

I find it amazing now that Toyota willno doubt be the "green" company as they are heavily advertising the new Hybrid system they have. Of course, they are forgetting to mention how many low MGP trucks and SUVs they pump out.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt M said:
I am proud to ahve an '05 Excursion...the last of the breed. Or, as I call it...last of Ford's Gentle Giant".

I was surprised to hear last weekend that a friend of mine's wife's Escape..doesn't get much better MPG than my V10 Ex.

I find it amazing now that Toyota willno doubt be the "green" company as they are heavily advertising the new Hybrid system they have. Of course, they are forgetting to mention how many low MGP trucks and SUVs they pump out.

No doubt! Tell me which one of these so-called-HiBird SUVs are going to tow my 11,000 pound trailer! Hell, for that matter, tell me which foreign make SUV is going to tow it even with their biggest engine! Nissan has the closest thing but the frame, suspension and brakes are no match for most large trailers.

This country needs to go back and learn from it's past strengths and get another 'PAIR' and stop being such PC, mamby-pamby, crybaby, finger pointing, band-aid puttin on, kiss my boo-boo please whimps!!!! :cowboy:

Sorry for the rant, but a guy can only take so MUCH whimpyness -popcorn

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sweet :sweet :bootyshak :bootyshak

Agree !
That's why I traded my 03 Ex in for my 05 - wanted the last of the Gentle Giants also !!!!

Went from DFW to Memphis on one tank and still have a lot to run around on !!!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
JohnBoyToo said:
:sweet :sweet :bootyshak :bootyshak

Agree !
That's why I traded my 03 Ex in for my 05 - wanted the last of the Gentle Giants also !!!!

Went from DFW to Memphis on one tank and still have a lot to run around on !!!!
Only if you can stay out of the way of errant drivers it'll last a couple years :sweet

We can just about do the Memphis trip on one tank round trip :thumbs

Can't beat the range :cowboy:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
just how gallons you hold? 44 right
that sperty darn good
my mileage is getting better every week we are at a staedy 17 now.
doing a 500 mile trip to jvill in the early hours, first long raod trip. we should be able to hit jville on one tank.
but it aint no ex
i am going next week to look a few 04 and o5s used for momma to use a s a grocery getter
CHPMustang said:
Only if you can stay out of the way of errant drivers it'll last a couple years :sweet

We can just about do the Memphis trip on one tank round trip :thumbs

Can't beat the range :cowboy:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Snowman269 said:
All manufacturers are required to keep parts available for 10 years afterwards.
The rear sway bar was made obsolete in late August,typically with my experience with Ford is they obso parts after 2-3 years.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Our local Truck dealer Jerry Reynolds made it into the Detroit news with his take on the Excursion's demise.

LINK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58