Today is the last day...

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RE: "It's just a cryin shame! To me the biggest problem in this country is there are too many small groups of snivelin idiots that DON'T get the whole story on issues before they start their little protests, marches and lobbying. People look at me like when I tell them the mileage my X gets then they say "Why, I didn't know something that BIG could get that kinda mileage". Especially when they come up to me in recent weeks and say "must suck driving that thing right now!" Although my first instinctive reaction is to say back to them "not as much as you suck", but I get just as much satisfaction in telling them the mpg's and that I can tow my second home around with it as well. This thing gets better gas mileage than my 97 V6 Explorer!

I'm just happy I bought mine when I did. I plan on having it for a long, long time. I absolutely love it!"

What is your mileage? A couple of years ago, I read an article where an Ex got almost 25 mpg in testing. That's around 1000 miles on a tank!!!! When the diesel LWB Expy is on the road, I'm sure 25 mpg will be attainable.

Last edited:

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
What is your mileage? A couple of years ago, I read an article where an Ex got almost 25 mpg in testing. That's around 1000 miles on a tank!!!! When the diesel LWB Expy is on the road, I'm sure 25 mpg will be attainable.
Not towing my trailer on a trip to Tampa from Atlanta I averaged 19-21 mpg. In rush-hour traffic here in Atlanta I get around 14-15. Hauling my 10k # trailer it comes in at between 11-13 depending on the grades I am climbing. When I drive it into the mountains it really gets thirsty, but I'll bet not as thirsty as some of the gassers I'm passing :D on the way up those mountains.

I think if I really had the will power to stick to 65mph or less on the interstate I could get even better mileage. I can't do that so I probably will never know! :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58