Top End 100 MPH ??

Reaction score
you've never heard of that kean you turn the key like you are starting the truck and it overrides the speed control. The starter will not engage once the truck is running.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
It works. As soon as you hit 96 and she's fading, turn the key to start..it will ding and go thru the motions with the gauges..starter wont engage and you can then top it out. Everytime you drop below 96 you have to do it again, though. Mine runs out of steam at about 114. This is fun to do maybe once or twice, but the tires on these things aren't really up to task.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I don't know, maxtor, all things considered [like weight] that Datsoon is pretty slow. Maybe it needs a tune-up? :rolleyes:

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, maxtor, all things considered [like weight] that Datsoon is pretty slow. Maybe it needs a tune-up? :rolleyes:

Probably does... :lmao

This was with radar at the Silver State Race in Nevada. Elevation 6435 feet. Maybe at seal level with a tuneup, 200 mph???

Last edited:

ckamp52

ckamp52
Reaction score
thats cool i never knew you could do that i had the limiter taken off up to 120 on my 00 with the superchips never knew how fast it would really go but i pegged it out once just to say i did it i duno i told everyone i went 120 but that was back when i was younger and dumb wont say dumber cuz im sure im dumber now :lmao sold it to my brother but he's not really into the diesel thing he just has one cuz his truck got totaled by some idiot and i gave him a good deal but i still pretend its mine cuz i love that truck ima buy it back soon as he gets outa college and gets something more sutiable then its gona be my toy truck and get tony wildman to work his magic sometime i want him to play with my 6.0 but everytime i get a chance for some reason someone else wants some money :dunno suks growin up and havin all these responsibilities:dunno :D comes down to having a house or a bad a** truck when diesel was cheaper coulda lived outa the truck and let her run on hi idle :lmao

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of a sure fire way to find out......:sly

Sure, but I wouldn't wanna drive down the hwy at 100 mph and turn the key only to find out that the engine cranks because the starter inhibiter is only installed in newer trucks! I imagine it would make a mess out of the truck and possibly of me as well! :dizzy

... comes down to having a house or a bad a** truck

No,no! The bad a** truck is a necessity. Like air. It comes down to having a house *or* eating. I myself have a house and an F-250, but I'm very skinny :D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58