Top End 100 MPH ??

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Sure, but I wouldn't wanna drive down the hwy at 100 mph and turn the key only to find out that the engine cranks because the starter inhibiter is only installed in newer trucks! I imagine it would make a mess out of the truck and possibly of me as well! :dizzy

No,no! The bad a** truck is a necessity. Like air. It comes down to having a house *or* eating. I myself have a house and an F-250, but I'm very skinny :D

Nope, shouldn't my 97 won't let the starter crank when it's in anything but neutral or park. Your's shouldn't either. If it does, then you've got other issues:eek:

Yeah, a bad A** truck is exactly like air, ya gotta have it.:tounge

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I tried this the other day, let me just say 8600 lbs, on 38" tires at 125+ is kinda crazy.......

but the vette, that I blew past, and the look on the drivers face made it all worth while.

Friis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried this the other day, let me just say 8600 lbs, on 38" tires at 125+ is kinda crazy.......

but the vette, that I blew past, and the look on the drivers face made it all worth while.

Dang, thats fast! Great that somebdy was willing to try! Im sure satisfied with my 95 MPH!

Reaction score
See told yall it works course with my sct i can keep both hands on the wheel. Had my swampers up to 100 the other night. then i seen brake lights. They need to make a brake adjuster for these trucks cause i'm tired of my rear going left.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
See told yall it works course with my sct i can keep both hands on the wheel. Had my swampers up to 100 the other night. then i seen brake lights. They need to make a brake adjuster for these trucks cause i'm tired of my rear going left.

What do you mean your rear goin left??? Mine doesn't pull to either side at all.

06silvercrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are nuts! You all do realize there is a very specific reason these (and all) vehicles are governed at a certain speed? Do you think they engineers just say hey this thing only needs to go 94mph or 96mph or whatever. Its ALL based off the speed rating of the the tire that the truck is equipped with. Ever had a tire come apart at a high rate of speed? Ive been there at V.I.R at 161mph and lets just say the outcome isnt very fun.

tgilmore99

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You can have a blow out at 15 mph too. Should trucks not be able to go over 15 mph? There are several factors involved in high speed blow outs. I am not a factory trained tech, but I have spoken with them about this because it was a concern. I don't know where you are driving but where I drive if you are not running 80 - 85 mph you will be run over. And at times to get past / go around I might need to go over 94 mph and I want to be able to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58