Torque Converter Questions

Reaction score
Can someone give me a little description on how the torque converter works? The reason I ask, is I believe mine isn't working properly (however I could be totally wrong). I seem to have lost some power at higher speeds. Meaning, when I was in OD I could give it more gas and it would act like it was sort of downshifting and accelerate a little quicker(torque converter lockup?). That does not seem to be happening, anymore. :dunno
I am due for a tranny flush and sonnax install, just hasn't happened,yet.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me a little description on how the torque converter works? The reason I ask, is I believe mine isn't working properly (however I could be totally wrong). I seem to have lost some power at higher speeds. Meaning, when I was in OD I could give it more gas and it would act like it was sort of downshifting and accelerate a little quicker(torque converter lockup?). That does not seem to be happening, anymore. :dunno
I am due for a tranny flush and sonnax install, just hasn't happened,yet.

We have to get together and do those things as well as the WW. As far the TC goes, there are far better versed members than I.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Torq Converter is a Simple thing.... Fluid... Preasurized... then 4 spiral Sun dances, sacrifice 2 chickens, place on a hot rock during the 2nd equanox. If it were a Dodge then you use a Goat in place of the chickens.

Reaction score
Bush,

Thanks! I should have searched the internet first.:doh:

Bart,

Yes, we do! February may be the best time frame for me. January is pretty darned pack, already.:sweet

Frank,

What kind of chickens? I might be using the wrong breed!:roflmao :roflmao

wdw64

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys' keep me informed if you guys get together. I hopefully will have some gauges to install and want to help with the Sonnax kit install. The sooner I know the easier it is for me to be sick on that day (cough, cough).

Wes

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58