Trac Bar for Early 99' F250 Superduty

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Level Lift and Track Bar Pics (Hopefully)

Before Level Lift:

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg
[/IMG]

After Level Lift (Started with 4 1/2" difference front to rear. Now rear is 1 inch taller than front which is fine so it is still somewhat level for towing.

IMG_4099.jpg

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

Hopefully didn't get carried away with the pics!:D

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Great work and photos Randy! You might want to build more of these modified trackbars :sweet

Can never have enough photos:cool::rock

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
Great pics................ :sweet

I am concerned though that you didn't thread or weld the ends of the rods.

Tbar

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about welding it but didn't have a welder available and wasn't sure if I had more adjusting to do or not. It is a very tight fit into the sleeve and the sleeve seems to tighten up really solid. I marked the bar at where it entered the sleeve so I could check up on it periodically to see if it is moving any over time. If it does I'll find someone to spot weld the sleeve to the bar ends. Good input!

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should hold but i would check it from time to time. a large jar or bump could pull it out.

the main purpose it to help keep the axle centered. but the leaf springs do a pretty good job of that. And if need be you could always sleeve it like i mentioned with a 30" piece of tubing

< you dont need any paint do you. I have a pint or a quart of paint left from my 99. I dont know if there is a shelf lift to it.

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh yah now you need some bigger tires . any in mind 295,305,315"s all work well with the 3"

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RandyH, Nice work on the trac bar. :sweet

Word of Caution....You need to get a welding shop to put a good weld on your trac bar. They can do it with it on the truck and it will take not 5 min to do. This is were something stupit happens and you will kick your self later after the damage is done. Just my 2 cents.

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like I better go ahead and get some welding on the bar/sleeve! Thanks again for all the good advice. At least now I know what a trac bar is and does which is more than I knew when I started. :thumbs

As for tires, I'm really itchin to move up from my 285's (to a 35") but I've had several people warn me about losing pulling power as the tires get bigger and change my ratio. The "mother ship" in my signature is pretty heavy with all the toys and liquids in her. Maybe some power mods first if my banker (wife) will approve. :haha

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
technically you could drive the truck with out the track bar.. you only ever seen them on coil sprung front ends.

but do what you feel is safe.. and remmeber the others on the road as well.

but if it was to fail i cant think of anything that would be serious. I dont think it would make it to the ground or hit the engine.. worste case senario would bw excessive shaking in the front.

sleeveing it is still the quickest option..

MidwestOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as for loosing power not that big of a issue with the diesel.. over 35" then it starts to affect it slightly..add up to 80hp chip cure that. and only regear over 37" as well. It will benifit the trans more than anything. plus some 35's will breing the rpms down on the highway which can help with fuel slightly you can go 305/70s (33x12.5)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58