Trailer lights or at lest half of them

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to take my wifes horse in to be put down on Saturday and had a guy follow me into the lot to tell me I didn't have any left turn signal or brake light on my horse trailer. The running lights are working on both sides. Pulled the unit out (LED) and replaced it with the old lamp and still didn't have signal or brake light. I checked both plugs and no power for the signal or brake lamp. The right side works great. I'm guessing it's in the harness somewhere? Any other ideas...
Thanks
Ron

Ford_Forgotton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your fuses.

I know on the 99+ trucks, there are fuses for left and right side lights. Dont know about the 96 trucks.

Ours are under the hood in a different fuse box then the one under the dash.

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
check fuse F & G in the underhood box... there is a crappy diagram of it in the reference section of my site. should be the two most passenger-side maxis on the left row assuming you are standing at the driver-side fender. should be 10 amps a piece.

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the hood...didn't think of looking there. I checked the dash fuses hoping there may be something there but...I'll go and check it right now. Thanks

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rookie said:
Under the hood...didn't think of looking there. I checked the dash fuses hoping there may be something there but...I'll go and check it right now. Thanks

:sweet

Yep, one of the 10 amp fuses had expired. Now to figure out why

Thanks Chris and Daryl...right smack on it :thumbs

Ron

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crumm said:
Probably a short in the trailer.

Sorry to hear that you had to get a horse put down :sorry What was wrong with him?

Yeah, start tracing I guess. I figure that it has to be on the left side of the trailer?

He was 37. Retired from rodeo once, 4H 3 times. He was a good one for my youngest daugter, took her to state twice in his early 30's. We quit 4Hing him about 4 years ago but he was a going concern. The wife trail rode him up till last week when he stopped eating and it didn't matter what we tried to do he was done.So it was time. :(

His replacement is the goober in my avitar

Last edited:

Rookie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, we keep them active and they seem to stay healthy. I just started sorting on my mare who's 25. All she's done for the last 20 years is lead a pack sting but she sure likes to chase those calves.

Frankenstien

Frankestien
Reaction score
Most cases its the Ground, however being a Tack Trailer mice would be another big Concern as you the love that Grain... they also seem to like the Taste of Plastic.... Check for chaffing... any where the wire goes that could be a walk way for a mouse will find it self vulnerable.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58