Trailer tire problems

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture #1 is impact damage

The second Marathon, in my 2 in 20 miles deal looked like that JL. The Goodyear rep said when the first one (LF) blew apart from tread separation, it Beat The Hell out of the second one (LR).. when it Blew.. a BIG chunk of tread blew out & off, but not all of the tread. It looked very similar to Dogmans tire Pic.

Hmmmmm.. Memory lane.

FWIW ?

The "REST of the Story" ? There we were, on a Sunday, nearest Town.. 40 miles away... On a narrow access to a Farm Field.. cuz the highway had No shoulder.. Now.. with No Spare.

IIRC, it was a Holiday weekend

Called our Good Sam Emergency Road Service. No tire shops open. They were going to send a Low Boy* to pick up the 350 AND 5r.. and take it ALL, to the nearest tire shop, which was 50 miles away. Couldn't do repairs, 'til Monday.

Unacceptable.

Called a friend who had the same-ish 5r.. 50 miles away (home).. he brought me his spare.. changed it out. CHP shows up.. Calls for Back-up, they Stop traffic (MAJOR, Very Holiday busy, 2 lane Highway), in Both directions, so I can back out.

The rest is History & Home.

NOW THAT'S A GOOD FREIND.. Whadya Think ??

Jus' thought I'd share that chapter of "Big Joe's Big Adventure(s)";):)

* I've tried, many times.. to picture.. Just How.. that Low Boy loading operation.. woulda gone down. (location, location, location)

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picture #1 is impact damage

Impact from what?? Did not hit anything or drive over anything. This is what I'm talking about. I have had 6 tires that have this same kind of blow out. I dont hit thing unless there is no place to go. Thats the trucker in me. Theres two thing I'm anal about thats brakes and tires.:dunno

Joe, It's EZ I have loaded 5thers on my low boy and it's not fun unless you have your freind the 2x6 (lots of them) to help get it up......the 5ther....lol

Last edited:

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where can I get a copy of "Big Joe's Big Adventures"??? Sounds like some good reading.

Dave

:lmao:lmao

That waz just a Sample.. a Short'nd version of a Short Chapter.

There waz a 8 month Pregnant Daughter & 3 G-kids involved. 2 kittens & a Puppy, 'n a (dieing) Hermit Crab, from the Coast. Whilst I'm try'n to do my "Dudley Do-Right" impression/thing.....:eek::lmao

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There waz a 8 month Pregnant Daughter & 3 G-kids involved. 2 kittens & a Puppy, 'n a (dieing) Hermit Crab, from the Coast. Whilst I'm try'n to do my "Dudley Do-Right" impression/thing.....:eek::lmao

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Impact from what?? Did not hit anything or drive over anything. This is what I'm talking about. I have had 6 tires that have this same kind of blow out. I dont hit thing unless there is no place to go. Thats the trucker in me. Theres two thing I'm anal about thats brakes and tires.:dunno

Joe, It's EZ I have loaded 5thers on my low boy and it's not fun unless you have your freind the 2x6 (lots of them) to help get it up......the 5ther....lol

could have been just a railroad track or who knows what.. I wouldn't tell Carlisle I said that, though.. I'd tell them they need to pony up and cover this..

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JLD. Have you heard of travel trailer tires? First I have heard of. :dunno

Carlisle has blown me off so. I'm after there head now.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score

:coffee Lets get this book started!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14