Triple Dog on new F450

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Supposedly Dealers can't detect Spartan. As far as the OP's Bully Dog, sell it, they're Junk!

Do you have to use the screen with the Spartan, or can you install the tune and just unplug it?

Does anyone have any info how a 450 will react to a Spartan?

Truthfuly I am not looking to do anything crazy with the truck for a few months until I get north of 10k miles. But in the mean time there has to be some performance mods that can be done that won't kill my warranty...

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If I was looking for a Tuner, Yes I would.

Here's the way I look at it.

I've been reading posts on this forum for the last 3 years talking about how many problems were being had with the 6.4L.

So basically I made a $65k bet when I bought a truck that I knew had a storied history and the potential for problems.

I did test drive the new Dodge and it get an "A" for effort, but still not on Fords Level. The Chevy was just a joke.

So I bought the Ford and now just need to find a way to get the most out of it.

Either way it was a gamble...

Fine69

Reaction score
I've yet to hear of any problems with the 6.4 other than mileage. I think your thinking of the problems associated with the 6.0. Either way, a Spartan, a DPF/DOC delete, and a good Intake will not only wake up your 6.4, but give it ALOT better mileage!:sweet

thelastcion

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've yet to hear of any problems with the 6.4 other than mileage. I think your thinking of the problems associated with the 6.0. Either way, a Spartan, a DPF/DOC delete, and a good Intake will not only wake up your 6.4, but give it ALOT better mileage!:sweet

What kind of improvments do you think could be had on my 450? It has the 4.30 gears...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
4.10 gears or better 3.73 if you don't haul/tow a lot. Ah, you have four wheel drive, that is more $$$.

Dave

pubs34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problems????

What big problems do the 6.4's have, had mine since May of 07, one of the first 08's on the lot and have not had one problem and have not heard of anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58