Truck died while driving and wont start!! Help please!!

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Thanks for all the quick responses. Im going to local ford dealer today on lunch and will be going to replace the sensor after my class. Hope my truck is still there!! Ill give and update when i can. Thanks again everyone.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
One other thing to check since this all started in the car wash:

Unplug the wire connector at the ICP sensor at the towards the front of the driver side cyl head. Check it for moisture and/or corroded contacts in the plug or sensor.

This goes WAY BACK, but I recall someone who had an issue with water getting into that connector. I pulled mine and added some di-electric grease in there to help exclude moisture and preclude corrosion.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
I got two cps sensors. I replaced the cps and tried to start it, nothing. Then remembered, oops forgot to plug the sensor back up. Plugged up the sensor, tried it again. Nothing. Could i have fried the new cps without having the connector plugged in when trying to start it?

Btw, i never made it to the carwash. It died before i got there. Could i have gotten a bad cps sensor? Should i try the other spare that i got? I cross-referenced the part # at the dealership and they were correct.

JRJ04

Reaction score
Could this be an issue with my dp tuner no start setting?

YES...if you accidentally somehow put that in no start, or if the plug came disconnected from the back of the chip or the back of the switch OR if its not correctly seated on the PCM....all will cause a no start condidion.

Go through and check it over very well...its very possible...

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Ive got about 3/4 tank. How would i tell if i have fuel pressure in the bowl?

Open the drain with the fuel pump running. If it trickles out under gravity pressure, the fuel pump isn't running. But if it comes spraying out like a garden hose, it's under pressure and the pump is doing its job.

BTW, you have to do this within about 30 seconds of turning the key to "on". Any longer than that and the fuel pump will turn off unless the engine is running.

Last edited:

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
How do i tell if its in no start? I wasnt messin with it at all when it shut down. It was in th 80 hp eco tune.

I will check all my connections. Gonna piss me off if its my tuner.

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
Fixed!!!

It was the connection at the back of my dp tuner fob! Guess it was still making just enough of a connection to give the fob power. It would still switch settings like normal too.

I gotta say though, i feel like an idiot now. But i know i have to focus on the positive. I :hailnow have tons of trouble shooting tips, 3 good cps sensors, extra fuses, test light, and a couple of good guys to call up when im really in a pickle. Plus, this thread can be used to troubleshoot similar symptoms for people with a dp tuner.

Thank you to everyone!

Now at least im not getting my truck towed from wichita falls to bossier. No telling how much ive saved so far from the great people on this site!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58