Truck has NO POWER, can't spin wheels in wet grass...

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It runs ok, has a shakey acceleration but thats about it. Runs so much better than it did, now that I have the new injectors in.
I just wonder if its gonna fail in a hard way soon or is this the way its gonna be?

Thanks again all!
RoReRi

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Mine has a shakey/studdering acceleration too but only when the engine is hot. It runs perfectly smooth when the engine is cold. there is couple of other guys on here hat had this problem witht here and one said that he did the IDM mod to make his IDM 100 a IDM 140 which raises the voltage to the injectors to 140 volts and he said it smoothed his out.I have the resistor to do mine but have not got it done yet. But hey what do I know, just a thought.

Travis T

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well dang gon you ol tar heal!! Been a long time since we spoke.

This was my first day ever on this site and I had to join to talk about your problem. Sorry I didn't get to it until just now.

So you got some new injectors. Sweet. That was the problem and I knew it before I read that you got er dun. See when I first started burning WVO, I would run it constantly and shut down on it and start up on it the next morning. Spring through fall. I figured that if it runs, then it must be working. What I didn't know is that when that stuff burns at a low temperature, it cokes the injectors up.

My truck did the same exact thing yours did after a year of running the oil. What bean found out when he looked at them was that out of the eight injectors, four of them had only one hole (out of five) that was passing fuel - barely, and one injector was completely clogged, the rest were partially clogged and I had one broken injector spring.

So, take care of these new ones. You really need to flush the system well before shutting down. I do the best I can, and I can already tell a that in a year I'm going to have to take my stage 1s out for an inspection.

Good to see your posts again!

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there !!! Just got off the phone with Bean's ...
He was telling me of the coking problems, with low temp wvo...
Anyway got the Stage 1's installed and after about 10 miles, had the transmission $h1t all over it self.:nutkick:
I have no chip, and no programer, so who knows about the reason it puked...

Had to be towed to the shop, thank goodness for the Gold AAA card. Turns out that when I got the Jasper transmision it had a 3 year 75,000 mile warrenty, well I got about 10 months and about 8 thousand miles.

The shop told me that there was low line pressure, what ever that means.
Sure would like to know what went wrong with it!

Anyway good to see you again Travis!!:thumbs :burnit

RoReRi

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the scoop... Just got it back today and for what I had before all my problems, bad injectors (replaced with Stage I's) and a bad transmission. She runs like a raped ape!!!:burnit

I am back!!! now to try to get things back to normal at the work sites...

Thanks for all the help everone gave me!!!

RoReRi:thanks :thanks :thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg