Truck has NO POWER, can't spin wheels in wet grass...

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On a 96 model, Ford has two lights, one for water in the fuel and one for the filter. The Sooper Dootie doesn't have this feature.
Fuel canister has been taken apart all screens and filters have been cleaned and the fuel filter has been changed...

Thanks,
RoReRi

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
RoReRi,

I have an OBS, hence the Avatar ;)

I have had my fuel filter clogged before and wouldn't set any light.

But if you have checked it then that is another thing to mark off your list.

P.S. Added a link to my truck in my sig now :)

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my hands full trying to fix this beast...and trying to make a living at the same time.
Hopefully a new set of injector O rings (on a set of Stage 1 injectors) is gonna fix the problem.
I have about 500 miles or less on this oil change and I now have at least a quart and a half more than when I chaged the oil.
It was right at full after I chaged the oil.
I'm / eveyone I talked to are leaning towards the injector o rings. If its not them, then I'm not sure where to go.
Maybe I'll take it to Nevada, somewhere there is a AirForce pratice range. They can shoot at it with their F15s or what ever they fly now...:( :( :dunno

Thanks,
RoReRi

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have more oil than you started with you must be getting fuel into the oil. That is not a good thing. Lots of luck on getting it fixed up, I wouldn't drive it a lot tell it is fixed and then change the oil and filters again.

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Uhh, oil pressure is considerably higher than fuel pressure at the critical o-rings. Normally you'd see oil in fuel, at least more likely than fuel in oil. Change the oil again and see if the level keeps rising tho. Make sure your antifreeze level isn't dropping.

This may be too obvious to mention, but I assume you've checked for dragging brakes, bad wheel bearings, and binding in the differential and driveline?

Pull the intake hose and make sure the turbo spins easily and no end play. I'd assume you wouldn't hear it spool if it was dragging, but it's a quick test. Re-read your post and noticed the idling issue, that may be a bigger indicator than lack of power.

Have you ran a cylinder contribution test? Not idling hot sounds like a potential injector problem...

Last edited:

clem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the day when gassers had mechanical fuel pumps they would sometimes loose a diaphram and pump gas into the crankcase.Not to often but it did happen.I never had one of our fuel pumps out but could this same problem happen?

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JOAT...all
I am going to run a CC test this afternoon when I get the scan software from ITP Diesel, I think its the Auto Injunity software.
I see from UPS site that its out for delivery... will keep all updated..

RoReRi

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
Just another thought. If it is fuel dilution, are we talking #2 or Veggie? If it's veggie a sample in the freezer should get thicker than new oil at the same temp. If it's diesel the frozen sample will be thinner.

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the sensors look good MAP, ICP everything points to injectors...

"Its hot as a Depot Stove" I'm 55 and my GrandPaw said that. Something to do with a pot belly stove that sat at a train depot. and it would turn cherry red.
Any way it is HOT... 96 in the shade, Did I say it was HOT....:D :D

I'm going to bed now and waking up at 3am to change these things...
Will keep all posted..

RoReRi

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a lot cooler in the am... anyway just a update, got all the old injectors out, and boy houdy was the passanger side a pita:eek: :eek:
I started with the passanger side.
Anyway all the new injectors are back in now, and the truck turns over just fine, hasn't startet yet, haven't tried.
Now to button her back up.

The old injector tips, the ends that look like a sharpended pencil, were all caked up with crap. So much of it that you could scrape it off with your finger nail, and all the crap kept the little copper washer from falling off.
With all that crap on the injectors, could that have been my problem? Well we are going to find out sometime today, when I get her buttoned up!!!:thumbs

RoReRi
OH, and BTW, did we bounce the server today, mabe a software upgrade? I could't get on earler

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg