Truck has NO POWER, can't spin wheels in wet grass...

dansk

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You just be happy you didn't have to work on my van 2 weekends ago. No shade, 122 degrees. Blew an oil line right out of hpop.
Dann

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,, got the new injectors in and buttoned 90% backup:D
Tried cranking a total of 5 times of about 20 seconds each with about 3 minutes inbetween, on the 5th time she sputterd and spoke, jumped a bit and smoothed out.:D :D :D :D :thumbs
Idled better than it has in the last 2 or 3 months...:thumbs

Now to button up the intake stuff and see if she has any power...lets cross our fingers, and hope all the thumbs up stuff doesn't ginx me...:eek:

RoReRi...

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
She's running a lot better, that was the problem...:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs
I took her for a spin, and it ran pretty good, but on the interstate it didn't have the responce for passing. (don't get me wrong) I AIN'T complaining at all!
But when I got back home, I rolled up the winders, and came inside for a well deserved cool one or two.
After the first one, I rememberd that I had forgotten to plug in the vacume hose and vacume resevore (sp?). back into the "system"
Well, we will try to fix that tomorrow!! Its coming down Cs and Ds outside right now and after two or three I tend to make stupid mistakes.
Sure don't want to shoot myself in the foot now!!

:burnit :burnit Not quite, but close!!!

thanks for everyones help:thanks :sweet :sweet

Sure is a lot more laid back over here !!! thanks for all your write ups Joat!!:thanks

RoReRi

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Did you go back in with stock injectors or did you go with a modified set?

Remember that it will take a good 50+ miles of highway speeds to get all the air worked out of the HPOP system also. Once thats gone you'll definetly get better performance also.

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker,

Thanks I didn't know that...
I need to change the oil anyway, cause I think the injectors were puking diesel into the oil, I got over a quart of oil too much that I can't attribute for.
So tomorrow I'll be a changing the oil and then maybe next weekend I'll change it again...
I will change it before I ride it again though..

Thanks 95_stroker

RoReRi

OH, and BTW I got a set of Stage 1s...

Now for a chip, who has the best burns, I'm lookin for fuel economy for the long trips and something to play with???

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you change the oil I would warm it up good and then drop the oil and let it drain for a long time. If you change oil & Filter you should be good to go, just check it every 100 miles to make sure it's not making oil again.
Glad it's running better now.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Youre gonna love the Stg I's, are they the DIY Stg I's or Beans?

BDP (beans) has several options for chips and I can recommend him as a very good source as well as DPTuner.

RoReRi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, here's what I got...
This thing runs like a raped ape, except that its maybe not as smooth as it should be, but these are like stage I ingectors, so I don't know if it should be smooth or not.
But with my scan software from AutoEnginuity I do a buzz test and I come back with a code of P1298 IDM internal failure.
This is all so new to me, can someone tell me what this is saying after all I've gone through.

Thanks RoReRi

bullridin_fool

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
i'd guess that the idm is toasted. when mine went it would run, but had a bad shake at idle after being warmed up, and it was also down on power. i didn't have gauges at the time so i don't know about boost pressure's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg