Truck VIOLENTY shakes after lift

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Align is an absolute MUST!!! There is your problem. Geometry is wayyyyy off.

Let us know after taking it to a shop where they HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH LIFTED TRUCKS!

have a couple places to call tomorrow...4x4 shops to see where they send people.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
It sounds like the "death wobble" to me, get it aligned at a GOOD 4x4 shop, and it should fix it, the shim kit is likely uneccessary with only a 4" lift.

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE

got the truck aligned today. the shop had no 400ft lb tq wrench but did use a huge bar and extension on the 30mm trac bolt.

took it to the crappy road I first felt the shake on and its still there. it IS less, not violent now but its still there. the truck drives alot smoother on the highway and smooth roads but over those damn raised bumps...still have the shake...

dual stabilizers are on the way...will have an update next week.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Steering wobble? yes been there done that!:rolleyes: Back about 22 years ago I picked up a 85 GMC Jimmy 4x4 6.2L which got a suspension lift,put on 35 baja belteds and body lift. Soon as I pulled out of the shop and got on the road and headed home the truck developed a nasty effen wobble at 35-40 MPH once it hit a road expansion joint or moderate bump. The only way to stop it was to hit the binders to calm the wobble down. Back then I knew less about trucks & suspensions so I learned the hard way:doh:
I contacted the lift shop and they recommended a dual stabilizer kit so I got the Rancho duals which pretty much eliminated the wobble problem the truck was having post lift,I thought it was due to the very short wheelbase compared to the larger wheel base boonie basher Chevies that had less wobble issues.

Get the duals.

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update

got the dual stabilizers on today...will try this weekend

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3064.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3070.jpg

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
Yeap,

That is DEATH WOBBLE!!!

Another thing that can cause it is out of round tires...

ANY Straight Axle truck can have it to some degree.... ;)

Let us know if that solves it, if now, we can look at other things... ;)

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Nice kit! looks great:cool:

It appears like you may have stock tires,I'd launch those puppies for some premium ones. As Kevin stated,an out of round tire could be a good suspect,I had a couple of BFG TKO's that were out of round.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By chance did you put in a new drop pitman arm in when you lifted the truck?? If not, I see two problem in the last photo.

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
By chance did you put in a new drop pitman arm in when you lifted the truck?? If not, I see two problem in the last photo.

no..the kit did not come with one as im told its not needed. it came with an adj trac bar. im told that for the trucks previous to 05.

what do you see wrong?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg