Truck VIOLENTY shakes after lift

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I don't know what all is included with the Icon 4.5 kit but my preference would be is to have a drop pitman arm as mentioned and a drop bracket for the pan rod bar(adjustable trac bar) for 4" or better lifts.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no..the kit did not come with one as im told its not needed. it came with an adj trac bar. im told that for the trucks previous to 05.

what do you see wrong?

You put in a 4" lift right. So you need a 4" drop pitmen arm in. This will put your steering back in the right alinement and get rid of the shimmy. The adj. trac bar should drop down 4" to but you can get away with it were it's at.

I'll put it this way before the lift the steering was normal (slow) now with the lift in the steering move faster. The pitmen arm does not have the slack in it to adjust for the bouncing over tracks and bumps.

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You put in a 4" lift right. So you need a 4" drop pitmen arm in. This will put your steering back in the right alinement and get rid of the shimmy. The adj. trac bar should drop down 4" to but you can get away with it were it's at.

I'll put it this way before the lift the steering was normal (slow) now with the lift in the steering move faster. The pitmen arm does not have the slack in it to adjust for the bouncing over tracks and bumps.

it makes sense to me..but why would a big company say its not needed and several people with the same lift say its not needed as they have nothing? its just tough when you ask online and you would think people with the same thing or similar would have an answer...but I have had quite a few answers!

who makes what i need that I vcan buy seperately?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some company are trying to keep the cost down. Theres a company in Aloca Tenn. that sells parts for lifts and hole kits with everything in it. I'll see if I can get there name and #.

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does it still do it?

drives great...nice and smooth on the highway. havent taken it down the road i initially felt it on yet but i have a feeling its still there. the dual stabs did make it ride/steer smoother though

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I got the truck to the "fun" road where i first got the wobble. it IS still there but now its like Ford describes it. the steering wheel oscillates 5-6 times left and right and then it stops. this is over the worst bumps possible at 50-60mph I have seen in this area so if thats where it stands, its ok but its not fixed...

altaford

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
In terms of the drop pitman, it kinda depends. Technically, you want your track bar and draglink to be on the same angle, with the ends as close to the same point as possible. Icon uses the bent track bar to get around using a drop pitman I would guess, but it must make for some funny angles.

BADASS03SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In terms of the drop pitman, it kinda depends. Technically, you want your track bar and draglink to be on the same angle, with the ends as close to the same point as possible. Icon uses the bent track bar to get around using a drop pitman I would guess, but it must make for some funny angles.

well check out post #15 for pics underneath the truck for me...anything wrong?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the the new track bar come with new bushings? I've had a very similar feeling with bad track bar bushings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg