F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol. so anybody know how i can get that sexy turbo whistle sound

Yooper75

Boost Junky
Reaction score
lol. so anybody know how i can get that sexy turbo whistle sound

My truck is the same year as yours and with the stock exhaust I can hear a pretty good whistle while driving between 5 and 10 pounds of boost and I am trying to save up for my exhaust at the moment. It really has to do with the number of vanes on the turbo that causes that whistle and the 03-04 models have the best whistle in my opinion.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know that my 03 with the stock exhaust whisles louder than some of the newer trucks with a modified exhaust. It is really nice when I have the rear wing windoes open and a hard surface beside the truck......

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
it is JUST an old turbo vs. a new turbo....gotta go out and find and 03/04 model one.
me likes me turbo whistle(upgraded stock)

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deleted the intake filter and just left the round box and my turbo spools and whistles very nice now and exhaust will be arriving on Monday (4'' Turbo back)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I deleted the intake filter and just left the round box and my turbo spools and whistles very nice now and exhaust will be arriving on Monday (4'' Turbo back)

:eek: WHAT.. No Air Filter !!!!! ?

:watchout

F250 FTW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. Quick mod, just dont go mudding of anything activity that will present some serious crap flying into your turbo. My boss at WWR ( worldworldwideturbo.com) told me to do it, and it sounds sexy sexy sexy. He shoudl know he has a fleet of twin turbo cars all open turbo. But we will be fabricating a custom intake next week at the shop.

Todd Tumbleston

Tumblestone
Reaction score
Back when mine was running, She whistled dixie!. Just had the cat and muff cut out and piped..and a K&N cold air intake..I was up to 18 mpg at one point but she died off after a while.......Just about the time I think the head gasket started going south..... New heads, banks intercooler and banks intake..... I might get back up there to 18 mpg.... We'll seeeee

OH, it's the crappy 03.... That's why she's loud too.... I talked to alot of people that tell me it was nice that ford quieted the turbo and the rattle racket..... WHAT! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.............Love my clackle..clackle..clackle...clackle...Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:sly

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the Accufab performance elbow in my Excursion and the whistle increased substantially. I also gained power and 1 MPG which didn't hurt!

From Accufab website:

Features include:
Airflow increased by 40%
Lower EGT's
Increased mileage
Less back pressure
Boost port for aftermarket boost gauges
Available in a cast or cast polished finish

Independent dyno tests, conducted at JDM Engineering, showed a 9hp advantage over stock with no other changes and an equal increase in torque. The reduction in back pressure alone will increase the life of the turbo.

Diesel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58