Turbo woes?..............(UPDATE!!!)

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
Mine from the factory had yellows between the pedestal and engine block, and blacks between the turbo and pedestal.:dunno

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Im not going to do the ones between the turbo and pedistal, there is no sign of leakage in that area and I am not going to seperate the turbo from the pedistal, so no real need for o-rings in that area. Im only doing the pedistal to block since I have them exposed.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Turbo woes no more:D . The turbo rebuild went very smooth, my old parts really werent bad to the naked eye. There was a slight amount of coking on the turbine end of the shaft, the brass bushings looked rather good but I replaced everygthing internal that would come out or apart. Both brass bushings, thrust plate and bearing and a couple of clip things (dunno what they are called) that go on oppsite ends of the turbo shaft, reassembled everything and commenced to reinstalling unit in truck. Got it all in there and took a mirror to peek at the pedistal o-rings and could only see the larger one. Dang it anyway!!!! Crawled under truck to see if it fell out, stood on my head to see if it was in the valley......-mad nope!! Couldnt see it anywhere:cussing: Pulled the turbo back out:rolleyes: and the little o-ring was sitting snugly in place :doh: so back in it went and I tightened everything down. The install was MUCH better than the removal in terms of degree of difficulty:sweet . It took me a solid three hours to remove it, mostly due to stubborn bolts/nuts but the install took about an hour max. Hooked everything back up but the inlet boot and fired her off. Turbo spun like a whirling dervish. Let her warm up and finished buttoning up the little things and put her on the road.

All I can say is wow:wow .......... I wonder how damn long my turbo has been sick? I've never really been able to bet much more than 22-24 lbs boost, didnt matter if I was on my stock injectors or with the Beaners and the SCMT or the Beaners and wildmans burns......... but now Katy bar the door:watchout. 35+ lbs comes on rather quickly and the bad heavy black smoke clears up nicely in all settings on the chip. I am very pleased with the outcomes of all aspects, injectors-chip-turbo rebuild. :drive

I was leaving a stop light and behind me was a Saab Aero Turbo little thingy, I really didnt even see him but when I made the corner he decided he was going to run past the big ole POS Ford........ :cop snicker snicker... I layed into it just a lil and he couldnt get around me until I pulled out of it and he then pulled out around me and got beside me and slowed down and smiled and gave me the :sweet thumbs up and was:lmao LHAO nodding his head.

Turbo works gooooooood now

:copAntonio, dont bring this thrread up 6 months from now after you have scolded me for running 35+psi of boost

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
HA HA...

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

I'll try not to remember it. I figured that Bean's injectors could push a little more than you were getting.:thumbs

Glad to hear your a turbo expert now and all went well. Now try to stay below 25psi. Maybe you need a wastegate!:wow :wow :roflmao

But then you'd have a smoky terd. Turbo upgrade needs to be on your list now.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it runs great. The clips that you are referring to are called "Jesus" clips; as in "Where in Jesus name did that clip go?". I have chased a few in my day.

Dave :)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Glad to hear it runs great. The clips that you are referring to are called "Jesus" clips; as in "Where in Jesus name did that clip go?". I have chased a few in my day.

Dave :)

OR...... JESUS..... I hope that clip never falls off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14