Twins or one BIG ONE?

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just went and made a LONG wot pass, at the very end egt's crawled past 1600! Looks like my lil ol h2 an ic is upto the task :) And not too bad of smoke level, i could see the white line on side of hwy through the smoke. wildman is also calling for all the fuel he can in the setting i was running in(go baby go :eek: :D ).

Last edited:

scotty7751

Big Daddy
Reaction score
OK my next decision to make is stay with the stock turbos the gt38 and put wheels and housings and waste gat controller or upgrade to gt45 or known as t4 turbos?? because they are very close in price wise.

Last edited:

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You dont have near enough fuel/ supporting mods to even worry about a gt45 turbo...they are huge. Considering your mods right now, youd be better of with the hypermax h2e.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ohhhh then with 530's id say your gonna have plenty of fuel for a gt45, its the same turbo david lott is running on his race truck.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5800 lbs???you mean 8500 lol. snow white only weighs 5800 or so and its a 2wd reg cab.

twildman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lukecline said:
5800 lbs???you mean 8500 lol. snow white only weighs 5800 or so and its a 2wd reg cab.
He meant 7800, my truck aint close to 8500 and its a c/c dually

bdp

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I am using big singles on everything. Twins can make the power but the PITA factor is very heavy with them, pulling turbo and pipes to get to a valve cover is just not cool. Parallel twins are not the answer at and dont even hit my radar, you want monster boost and that wont cut it, two stock turbos probably wont lite with 4 cylinders, they might but there will be lag. I can do one BIG single that will light faster then those two stock turbos and flow more then twice as much as two stock turbos.

Call Kai Zimmerman, 848-391-8341, he is selling one of my kits with a turbo that would put you in the 1550cfm range and ask him how it did on his truck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58