USA biodiesel map

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, I have seen some posts that say you need a conversion to run B100. I was running B100 in my truck for a long time and never had to do any conversion. I just had to change my fuel filter after the 5 tank because the filter might be clogged. Does anybody know if the Bio station in Houston is still open? See that there is one in The Woodlands guess I'll go and check that place out.

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for conversion for B100. It's for Waste Veggie Oil (WVO) that you *usually* need a conversion, basically two tanks to start/stop on diesel, run on WVO and heaters and heater lines to heat the WVO.

Simplified version, anyway.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think that you needed a conversion for running Biodiesel. You don't need a conversion for all WVO kit either. I use to make my own Biodiesel in my garage. I have run out of WVO. I need to go back and get some more WVO and start making it again.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, too bad the map doesn't show what concentration bio..

I found a station a few miles from me that was listed as Bio, and when I got up there to fill last night, the pump was labeled B5

So I guess I wonder why I ponied up the extra dime/gallon..

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not one of those maps are worth a flip:

When they start showing somebody selling Bio in North Alabama, then they'll be worth something. :cussing:

CHPMustang

Reaction score
well, too bad the map doesn't show what concentration bio..

I found a station a few miles from me that was listed as Bio, and when I got up there to fill last night, the pump was labeled B5

So I guess I wonder why I ponied up the extra dime/gallon..
I believe many of the states have set limits on the blends that can be sold like Illinois I think is B11 or was it Indiana?

I paid 15 cents more a gallon over straight ULSD but in my opinion it's still cheaper than injectors and in worst case an engine,maybe I'm too skittish about resulting damage/s from ULSD;)

In this Michigan Listing the blends are indicated for most of the locations.Sometimes it's good to call ahead to make sure what blend/s they carry and if in stock too.:sweet

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
well, that's a little help when I go canoeing... Grant carries B20 B50 and B99

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14