Using heating oil as fuel for the truck, damage?

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
WingDog, no, our heating oil dere is colored. Just transford 200 gallons out of a tank at our back building, to the house. It has a red dye to it. I know if you get caught with it in your DOT registered "on highway" vehicles, it's $10,000 fine, and the government watches your back constantly. Not a good situation!!

here in vegas it's a 25000 dollar fine for running off road diesel in your vehicle

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
excuse me !?! the off road/one road thing is a FEDERAL crime...which
basically works out to federal tax evasion how has the city of las vegas
changed that ?

jyoung

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I work for UPS and our Data center has 7 Catapillar diesel Generators (4 13,200 volts and 3 480 volts)
We have been running #2 through them for years without any problems than again they don't have cats on them either.

Jeff

wrighjj

Jeff
Reaction score
I know of a few that do that up here in Alaska.... they don't use any dye here that I'm aware of. Guess that is one of the options you get when your in the "Last Frontier"!:sly
The price has come up a bit... I filled up yesterday and paid $2.92/gallon on the Kenai Peninsula.

mwalls54

Tex
Reaction score
I know of a few that do that up here in Alaska.... they don't use any dye here that I'm aware of. Guess that is one of the options you get when your in the "Last Frontier"!:sly
The price has come up a bit... I filled up yesterday and paid $2.92/gallon on the Kenai Peninsula.

up north in Fairbanks the heating fuel is at the same pump as the diesel :rolleyes: they were all clear up there so every now and then the excursion i was driving would get 40+ gallon of it

lvtitan

prototype
Reaction score
excuse me !?! the off road/one road thing is a FEDERAL crime...which
basically works out to federal tax evasion how has the city of las vegas
changed that ?

yes it is. but our company has many commercial vehicles and cranes and semi's that drive on road. and since we are commercial vehicles, our fine is 25000 for using diesel from the wrong tank when we fill up at the yard.

maybe 10000 is the fine for "civilians"

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, i can understand that....go after the COMPANY (deeper pockets,
and probably MORE to gain avoiding some tax)...but i dont see that
las vegas has anything to do w/ that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members