Usual boost pressures for a 7.3L ?

Live4yotas

Highrider
Reaction score
I have an 02 7.3L 4x4. I was wondering what the usual pressures are for a stock motor? I have a AFE stage 2 intake, superchips max programmer, and 4" turbo back exhaust no cat. When I get on it I'm running close to 30 pds. of boost. I have owned the truck for about 3 yrs now and I dont experience any turbo lag. I was just tring to figure out if the owner before me had done anything to the turbo on the truck. Thanks for any info guys.

Live4yotas

Highrider
Reaction score
I only run my programmer on the mid setting. Thats probably what I'm running 27-28 right in there. Its hard to watch it when you punch it.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
With our '02 we can do 25+ without a problem so I wouldn't find it unusual as we have similar mods done:sweet

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are seeing 30#, the PO might have disabled the waste gate. You should not see much if any over 25# with a functional waste gate.

firemediceric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When do you guys see these numbers? When you stand on the accelerator and really get on it?

I ask because my truck does not have any performance mods, and I drive it pretty conservatively, but I seldom see over 10. Cruising on the highway at 75-80 MPH I'm only around 5-6

Live4yotas

Highrider
Reaction score
When you slam the go pedal down. But you have to have some sort of boost gauge to read this. Watch your pyrometer gauge to when you do this.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see these numbers when I am hammering on the truck, but when I am cruising down the freeway I normally run 8-10 PSI at about 600' on my pryometer. Have not got a good boost number yet, blew my boost tubes off this past weekend so ordered new boost tubes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58