Usual boost pressures for a 7.3L ?

pete37922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol...less cops...if u see any...challenge them 2 a race...lol !!!

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
well, got a limit of teal (4) this morning. anyway, I was able to hit WOT with the truck and it won't get over 22 PSI at WOT. before i installed the boost fooler I could get over 25. The boost fooler doesn't affect the boost gauge, so that shouldn't matter. Any idea what it could be?

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, got a limit of teal (4) this morning. anyway, I was able to hit WOT with the truck and it won't get over 22 PSI at WOT. before i installed the boost fooler I could get over 25. The boost fooler doesn't affect the boost gauge, so that shouldn't matter. Any idea what it could be?

You may be pulling your readings from the wrong side of the boost fooler.

black_cloud_stroker00

GO BIG RED!!!
Reaction score
my boost gauge taps in the "see pic", and its a mechanical gauge so it should have no affect. The previous owner installed it there, is that a good spot.

bartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the boost fooler won't affect it there. Most people stick it in the MAF line, or in the AIH plug. Both cases get you boost readings after the intercooler. I'm not sure what kind of difference that makes.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I'd have to guess lower after the intercooler due to

1) resistance of the intercooler could create some back pressure

2) air is cooler after the intercooler, therefore the air will contract= less pressure.

The lower pressure (if in fact true) would be more accurate (FWIW) because that is the actual pressure of the intake...

GOEGLEINBROS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the last last owner may have put on a MAP-MAXIMIZER. What this does is it allows the truck to send as much fuel as the tune will take. There supposed to be good for another40-50 hp. I put one on my truck and I see 28-30 lbs all the time. I'm not sure if I got nall that, but I did notioce a differance. Check out defuser's web site. That's where I got mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl