Very rough idle help please!!!!!!!!!!

bigdiesel99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my experience when the truck dies when it goes from "start" to "run" it has bee a IVS (idle validation switch) or TPS on Fords the IVS/TPS is onunit with the Throttle pedal... could be costly i will look up the values you should see on a meter and post them... hope this is not the problem...

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in my experience when the truck dies when it goes from "start" to "run" it has bee a IVS (idle validation switch) or TPS on Fords the IVS/TPS is onunit with the Throttle pedal... could be costly i will look up the values you should see on a meter and post them... hope this is not the problem...

Thanks but i dont think im showing those exact symptoms, The truck isnt really running while cranking its just stumbling

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where do i get them at the ford dealer or is that an aftermarket item? I need the truck on Sunday to go practice so i hope i can get what i need Saturday

It looks like i can get them at autozone. What about these clips for the harness? and should i get a new VC gasket or reuse?

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
It looks like i can get them at autozone. What about these clips for the harness? and should i get a new VC gasket or reuse?

Wow! 7 out of 8 GPs bad.:eek: That would make it hard to start.

Not sure on the clips at Autozone.:dunno I believe there is an updated VC gasket that doesn't need the clips. You may try an International truck dealership, mine's open 7 days a week.

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! 7 out of 8 GPs bad.:eek: That would make it hard to start.

Not sure on the clips at Autozone.:dunno I believe there is an updated VC gasket that doesn't need the clips. You may try an International truck dealership, mine's open 7 days a week.

7 out of 8 are good arent they? I was thinking one was bad. Is 1.3 ohms bad?

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Generally speaking, anything over 1 ohm is considered suspect as being bad. And of course 0 is bad as well. The higher the resistance on the GP the more amperage is consumed to heat the GP up. Ohms Law applies here.

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check you valve cover plugs and make sure one hasn't worked loose. If they are both on, unplug one and see if it kills the truck or has no effect.

HOOOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clip fell off under VC. changed gasket and glow plugs anyway, runs like a champ

I owe all of you dearly. Thank you all soo very very much

hammer450r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks big and the same to you. Be safe driving this weekend

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member