Vibration noise

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Ok now what brand should I get Ford, Timken, or other brand? I found a couple of Timkens but I dont know which is for my truck.

Timken/Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front (SP580205) | Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front | 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty P/U 4WD 8 Cylinders F 7.3L Turbo Diesel | AutoZone.com

or this one
Timken/Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front (515020) | Wheel Bearing/Hub Assembly-Front | 2002 Ford F250 Super Duty P/U 4WD 8 Cylinders F 7.3L Turbo Diesel | AutoZone.com

the only difference I see is fine or course threads. Im not sure which I have.
Thanks again everybody!!;tu

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'd do the Timken if it was me..

Question.. this noise.. does it sound like "Oof?" and do it when you hit a bump?

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
Yes I do have a real quick "clunk, clunk" when I hit a bump. Which of those 2 timkens should I use? Thanks for your help JL!

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Yes I do have a real quick "clunk, clunk" when I hit a bump. Which of those 2 timkens should I use? Thanks for your help JL!

the coarse & fine thread refers to your wheel studs.. depends on which lug nuts you have.

your "clunk clunk" is probably sway bar links or bushings..

Last edited:

02Oilburner

SDD Power Hungry
Reaction score
OK here is an update. 29 degrees and windy=fun day to work on truck! Today pulled the old hub assembly off and replaced it with a new Timken unit. While I was doing this I took the brake caliper off and the pins were corroded so bad they would not even come out! Good thing I had the upgraded pins already, but I did have to get another Caliper bracket. The brakes now work correctly! Anyway as soon as I got the tire off I knew that the Hub assembly was not the reason for the vibration noise. I could move the UV joint up and down alot and see that the loose part was in the axle housing. I removed the hub assembly and the needle bearing was in perfect condition. It had plenty of grease and rolled very smoothly. I figured the hub assembly had a butt load of miles on it so I replaced it anyway. I drove the truck afterwards and the same vibration noise is still there. The pic below will point out the loose part. The picture is not of my truck it is just one I found that was clear. That part is what seems loose and is allowing all the play. I think Im going to take it to the shop that did my rear bearings and the uv joints on the drive shaft and see if they can do it for me.

Last edited:

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
OK here is an update. 29 degrees and windy=fun day to work on truck! Today pulled the old hub assembly off and replaced it with a new Timken unit. While I was doing this I took the brake caliper off and the pins were corroded so bad they would not even come out! Good thing I had the upgraded pins already, but I did have to get another Caliper bracket. The brakes now work correctly! Anyway as soon as I got the tire off I knew that the Hub assembly was not the reason for the vibration noise. I could move the UV joint up and down alot and see that the loose part was in the axle housing. I removed the hub assembly and the needle bearing was in perfect condition. It had plenty of grease and rolled very smoothly. I figured the hub assembly had a butt load of miles on it so I replaced it anyway. I drove the truck afterwards and the same vibration noise is still there. The pic below will point out the loose part. The picture is not of my truck it is just one I found that was clear. That part is what seems loose and is allowing all the play. I think Im going to take it to the shop that did my rear bearings and the uv joints on the drive shaft and see if they can do it for me.

That is the dust seal. It keeps the crap out of the tube. Well, supposed to keep crap out of the tube. Most of the time they are broken and flopping around the axle. :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg