Violent shaking/lurching

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey

Today I found my self with my first real sign of issues. I was at a job and went to leave and not 20 feet from the parking space my truck started shaking like the world was ending, sounded like it was misfiring or some other horrible noise. I shut it off and checked all the fluids. Everything seems fine so I fire it up and nothing but a puff of white smoke (not normal for my truck). Shortly down the road it starts to lurch unless I let off the gas. I pull in again, shut it off and restart it and its been fine since (another 100 miles so far or so) it actually ran great. Any idea what this could be? Its going to ford tomorow for a diesel leak, and a coolant leak, AND its also got an exaust leak on one of the pipes leading up to the turbo. Not sure if its related or not but I didn't think so.

Thanks
Jeff

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You may have a leaking the EGR cooler. That will cause rough running and some white smoke (water). No light?

Dave

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Nope no CEL. Im thinking EGR cooler to because I dont have ANY puking so I don't think its the heads. Also no coolant in the oil or vise versa.

Cheers
Jeff

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Gemini ford in Hamilton. I found discovery ford in burlignton, althought a wicked diesel mechanic, most of the other people are idiots. I know another landscaper who takes many trucks here so I am going with his recommendation on a diesel mechanic at this one. I also know of another good diesel shop in oakville but unfortunatly id rather get it paid for by warrentee. Where do you go?

Cheers

atk

Reaction score
Gemini ford in Hamilton. I found discovery ford in burlignton, althought a wicked diesel mechanic, most of the other people are idiots. I know another landscaper who takes many trucks here so I am going with his recommendation on a diesel mechanic at this one. I also know of another good diesel shop in oakville but unfortunatly id rather get it paid for by warrentee. Where do you go?

Cheers

tried one dealer in brantford and won`t be going back there anytime soon...the one in simcoe here, seems to be ok....the only reason i go to dealer is because i still have warranty. if it wasn`t for that i would be fixing it myself....let me know how it goes, as i am having some problems myself....
always nice to know the person working on your vehicle, know`s what he/she is doing.......thanx

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Yea will do, this guy seems real nice and I know hes been working on a guys trucks who is picky as hell about his vehicals. I mean this guy will call you up in the middle of the night to restack snow in his lots if your his sub. I really want to have some confidence in my truck for plowing since its my only one, and this isn't helping.

Cheers

fullthrottle

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
As far as the bucking and chugging, have you changed out your fuel filters lately? That problem you are having is very typical with dirty filters. When you turn off the key then turn it back on, it primes the fuel system again. This is probably why it ran fine for a while before it did it again. I had that same issue with my first diesel '04 Excursion at around 20,000 miles. I didn't know they needed changed so often. With my '06 dually, they get changed every 15,000 miles. As far as your other issues, join the club. Ford finally bought back my '04 Excursion after they sunk about $60,000 worth of parts and labor over a span of a year. It was in the shop more than it was in my garage.:rant

Good luck...........:sweet

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
I would agree w/fullthrottle..sounds like filters, truck shook as it starved for fuel. My EGR cooler went, but it was a white smoke/consuming A/F type symptom. How often do you go thru the fun ritual of changing the fuel filters? Ford sent out a TSB saying you could go to 22,500 but 15-17,000 is more realistic. Its a good idea to carry a spare set along with the proper tools to swap on the side of road if needed. But, thats another story.:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg