Violent shaking/lurching

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hi,

Well took it to ford. Filters maybe but the mechanic thinks it was the diesel leak, which was repair and it was from the Fuel line banjo bolts right at the cylinder head.
As far as the coolant leak goes, even though ive noticed it going down they pressure tested it and found no leaks. Cost me 90$ total since its under the 100$ deductible. Would the pressure test find an egr cooler leak or blown heads?

Cheers
Jeff

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey,

What kind of leak would a pressure test NOT detect? I left a customers house, and found what I belive to be a decent amount of coolant on the ground. Didn't have the AC on so it wouldent be water and my partner said it was kinda grease and tasted like coolant.

Cheers
Jeff

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
So just an update, bye bye egr cooler. Went to a different dealer and coolant is leaking in to the exaust. It is going in tomorow and they are going to replace it, they said they have seen it many times and it is most likely the cooler. They said they will do the head gaskets afterwards if they start leaking, however it doesnt seem they are.

Cheers

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
My cooler was leaking about 2 months ago, and I got the same story; cooler first and then the head gaskets if the cooler does not fix it.

Dave

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Did you have both done, or just the egr cooler? I have 0 puking and it has not been running rough so they doubted the heads but prepared me for the possibility of having them done aswell. They say the new EGR coolers are much less prone to failing.

Cheers
Jeff

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Yep, a little a/f getting into exhaust is a sure sign. I had mine done and got it back with no problems. Alot of members here have had a cooler replaced, some a few times if memory serves [bama?] so its not some isolated episode. You should be in good shape. Good Luck!

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just an update, bye bye egr cooler. Went to a different dealer and coolant is leaking in to the exaust. It is going in tomorow and they are going to replace it, they said they have seen it many times and it is most likely the cooler. They said they will do the head gaskets afterwards if they start leaking, however it doesnt seem they are.

Cheers

tell 'em to check the OIL cooler while theyre pulling parts off it...see
if the oil cooler <flow> is restricted.

Yep, a little a/f getting into exhaust is a sure sign. I had mine done and got it back with no problems. Alot of members here have had a cooler replaced, some a few times if memory serves [bama?] so its not some isolated episode. You should be in good shape. Good Luck!

im not sure how valid a reference point Stephen is...hes got plenty o "pressure increasing" mods...
i would be interested in knowing of those that have had cracked egr coolers how many have had
MULTIPLE failures and how many had the oil cooler replaced (if ever)

also id be interested in knowing if ANYONE running a coolant filter has had an egr cooler failure...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg