Waiting for a shipment by UPS?

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
The UPS hub in Mesquite is ajoining to the Union Pacific and they have a pass thru gate only UPS trucks can go through.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Is it more cost effective for UPS and other truck lines to ship their trailers cross country to their other terminals, than to truck them across country?

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
Very cost effective. It depends on which option you choose as to how its shipped.
'Back in the day' to truck a trailer to LA from DFW would be around $1500 and to ship via rail would be around $900. That's if prompt service was not an issue to you.
Thats part of how I knew about the gate at UPS. The Union Pacific in Dallas was at that time the Mo-Pac here and the UPS Hub was in north Dallas. I was in the Cartage business and used to pull them from the Mo-Pac to UPS.

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Is it more cost effective for UPS and other truck lines to ship their trailers cross country to their other terminals, than to truck them across country?

You can get quite a few trailers on a train. So the train would be cheaper. ;tu

The more trailers you ship the cheaper it gets.

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
:lmao No. Not at all.:lmao

I might bring back the "DO NOT HUMP THIS CAR" avatar.:lmao

This reminds me of an air conditioner I saw that said "Do not truck this side." Someone had replaced the "tr" with and "f". I wasn't tempted to @#$% any side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58