warm up time...

atk

Reaction score
been a FORD man all my life....is there really any thing else....lol....wanted one of these trucks since they first came in this body style....thanx

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Soon as it hits under 40 degrees the block heater kicks on for 4 hours as the wife and kids want instant heat coming out of the registers when they turn the engine over on the cold mornings otherwise it'll start just fine down to below zero but it'll be noisy till it warms up:sweet

atk

Reaction score
heat is always nice when get into your vehicle. just wanted to do everything i could so this truck will last me for a few years or atleast till it is paid off.

AlaskaRedneK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At colder temperatures, I let mine warm up for a couple of minutes.... And when its warm, I start it and go.

Plugging it in... I dont bother unless it is less than 15F.

Best of Luck!:)
-Stouff

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes they all have Block Heaters, Jopes, but some later models don't have the cord. Yours has a cord and a heater. Look behind the right front hook for the cord. It is there.

Dave

fordtrucker4life!

I work with waste
Reaction score
Good thing Ford uses the Powerstrokes, because I don't know of anything that fires harder than an inline 6 Cummins. I am not sure about the 5.9's but the larger Cummins will not fire even with the block heater plugged in. Only fires with ether which is not good at all.

If you want an experience drive a International 2674 from Marquette MI to Northville MI in January. Driving through a blizzard and then geting pulled over right after the Mackinaw Bridge because of a clearance light out and no log book. So the next morning go out to fire the truck which has been plugged in all night, cycle the glow plugs little shot of ether and would not fire, after a little cranking it killed the batteries. So after melting the cords on a battery charger it started and white smoke filled the entire city like a fog.

So after all that nonsense, keep good care of your truck and let it have so warm up time on the cord and a little time after it fires. The truck I was driving was a trade in unit, Industrial truck, from a Marquette power plant.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
It may be coincidence but I have noticed my truck is warming up a lot faster this year. I plug in below 40 and put in a 203 thermo this summer. I have heat 1/2 way to work where last year, even plugged in, I didnt until the off-ramp right by my office. You might consider the 203 too.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Block Heater was a option

When I ordered my truck, the block heater was an option. Maybe the heater was installed at the factory, the the wiring was the option, but brochure said block heater option. Since we plan on visiting the right coast, we ordered our truck with the block heater.
Here on the left coast, we sometimes get down to +32 degrees, but since I do not get up until after 10:a.m. it is always over 55 degrees.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58