Wasn't Thinking!!

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm.......

All we Really need to do is apply a LITTLE, VERY little, pressure to get the fuel flowing.. ? if the drain point is lower than the tank.. a [Syphon] will start.. ?

The proscess would be time consuming, but the End Result.. is all we're after.

What little (mixed) fuel might be remaining (?), when the Syphon stops (?), would be moot. Put in a couple gallons of diesel.. go top off.. done deal.

Jus my thinking on it anywayz..:dunno

Joe

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if gas sits on top of the diesel or vice versa or if it all just mixes?

Last edited:

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
I wonder if gas sits on top of the diesel or ice versa or if it all just mixes?
A good question. I would like to know this also. My guess is that it mixes easy, but left alone for awhile the gas would rise above the heavier diesel?

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's a mix.
When I drove a fuel tanker. There was guys that would cross mix all the time with diesel and gas. Like put 10k of gas on to of 10k diesel. They would send me over to do a pump out of a hot load, then pump the hot load back into the terminal tank were it would mix down with new fuel. Then they would do a flash test on it, then send it right back out on my truck for another station.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

A good question. I would like to know this also. My guess is that it mixes easy, but left alone for awhile the gas would rise above the heavier diesel?

Short answer: No.

API stuff: Yes, kinda. It will Stratify (separate)... but only some of the properties.. but it would take ALONG TIME... and the mix would still be "SLOP" fuel.. cuz the mix would still have "commingled".. properties in it.

Joe

Go'n Camping now. (RV'n, that is;))

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
It's a mix.
When I drove a fuel tanker. There was guys that would cross mix all the time with diesel and gas. Like put 10k of gas on to of 10k diesel. They would send me over to do a pump out of a hot load, then pump the hot load back into the terminal tank were it would mix down with new fuel. Then they would do a flash test on it, then send it right back out on my truck for another station.
It's mixed down w/gasoline terminal tank right? That's F'd up; why the hell bother testing it! They already know it's going out! Fraudulant, unscrupulous, perhaps criminal. But us unsuspecting public never know.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's mixed down w/gasoline terminal tank right? That's F'd up; why the hell bother testing it! They already know it's going out! Fraudulant, unscrupulous, perhaps criminal. But us unsuspecting public never know.

It is pumped into the diesel fuel tanks at the terminal. Your better off diluting it in diesel tanks. On are trucks you can have up to a 1/2 gallon of gas as long as the rest is diesel. But your better off getting out as much as possible.

What really messed up is when they pipe gas and diesel in a pipeline to the central florida terminals they flush the pipe with water before each batch of fuel or gas goes there. Now thats messed up.

Last edited:

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have worked at some pipeline stations in Tuscon .. man I thought they were all over being clean and perfect // should have known better .. lol

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was things they did at the terminals, I wonder how they could do it. We have I think 7 terminals here and they all do everything different.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58