Watch out for crazy 18 wheelers...

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I was heading west on a pretty bad road.. you can see the curve in the pics... the roads were a just wet enough to be dangerous... the 18 wheeler (im pretty sure is 54' box trailer was empty) was heading east.. he was going way to fast for the conditions and when he hit his breaks to make the curve his trailer slide into my lane (pics above) and well you can see what happened form there...

the truck was obviously totaled... the insurance company has already made one offer... not enough... and I had to send in receipts for everything I had on the truck... It was close to $6,500 in mods... so im hoping to get compensated a little at least... the motor has 115000 on it.. the truck is an 03' and they said that I would have to pay 6300 to get my truck back.. that was entirely to high in my opinion... we'll see what happens in the coming weeks..

I guess im going to look for and 05' to 07' so I can enjoy the smoother front ends...

Thanks to everyone for the concerns...

Butch Cassidy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is one big "OUCH" on your truck.

Glad to hear your all right. Hopefully the insurance co. won't screw you too bad on replacement cost and mods costs.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,

Butch Cassidy

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Poke it with a fork, Its done. And that just stinks. Glad your o.k.

x2

but... quite a few guys on here are heavy haulers, transporters, or semi-drivers...
don't lump them in with the guy that couldn't keep it between the lines (the lines are our friend)

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
x2

but... quite a few guys on here are heavy haulers, transporters, or semi-drivers...
don't lump them in with the guy that couldn't keep it between the lines (the lines are our friend)

I realize that.. that's why I included the "crazy" part lol... I have plenty of friends that drive big rigs.. and they actually drive with some caution...

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, just glad you are OK, yes it sucks to have to spend
your time looking for a new to you truck to replace the one
you loved. Yes we do know what you mean when you say My Truck.
Good luck finding the right one for you.
Doug

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad that you're not too much worse for the wear and are relatively unscathed.

I join the rest here in understanding the sorrow that comes from loosing "my truck" Hopefully you'll have enough time to find a truck to fall in love with without having to rush into buying something that is not really what you want.

If you happen to find something online around Jacksonville or in southeast GA then I'll be happy to go and take a look a the truck for you, and if you fly in to pick it up I'll meet you at the airport.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl