Watch out for crazy 18 wheelers...

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad you are okay. That would really suck and I can imagine that you could easily have lost control of some bodily functions.

I am not a lawsuit happy person, it is just not my nature, but, you might want to consult with an attorney to get fairly compensated for your truck. Thanks God that it is not medical bills that you will have to fight for.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I am glad you are okay. That would really suck and I can imagine that you could easily have lost control of some bodily functions.

I am not a lawsuit happy person, it is just not my nature, but, you might want to consult with an attorney to get fairly compensated for your truck. Thanks God that it is not medical bills that you will have to fight for.

I did have xrays taken of my back, knees, left ankle, and neck... I have been seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week... so I do have some medical bills lol... I play baseball for a community college in southeast missouri and this accident has caused way more headaches than it should've... I seriously have never felt this bad... that truck was all I had.. im only 20 years old and you can imagine what being at a college and trying to manage academics and athletics with virtually no income is like... I had put every dime I could spare into that truck and everyone knows how much insurance cares about dual exhaust, chrome wheels, and so on.... I've been going back and forth with them.. I've sent in receipts for everything I had on the truck (which totaled over $6500) and they came back with an increase of $2700... I am really happy with the offer as far as what they will give me for the truck... but they're telling me that it's going to cost me $6300 to buy mine back... and I can't strip the good parts if they take it..... this is just one big OUCH!!

sorry for venting but thanks for reading... Im sure God will work this out... most likely he already has and I don't even realize it... I did have a parent of on of my friend back home tell me that after seeing pictures of my truck my friend as slowed down a little and has been wearing his seat belt more often... so I suppose if this can slow a few of my friends down and possibly save a life someday then it was all worth it..... ok im done I promise.. thanks again to everyone

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Im sure God will work this out... most likely he already has and I don't even realize it... I did have a parent of on of my friend back home tell me that after seeing pictures of my truck my friend as slowed down a little and has been wearing his seat belt more often... so I suppose if this can slow a few of my friends down and possibly save a life someday then it was all worth it.....

:sweet Well put :D

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

x2 :sweet

I got T-boned by a Dodge Ram about ten years ago... if it weren't for the fact I was driving what I was driving (Suburban-style Land Cruiser), I wouldn't be here now. I think of that fact frequently. Keeps me out of trouble.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score

I agree. They're taking wholesale (dealer trade) value and lowballing that.

Look it up on KBB.com, and tell them to cough up retail.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I agree. They're taking wholesale (dealer trade) value and lowballing that.

Look it up on KBB.com, and tell them to cough up retail.

They have made us a very very fair offer for the truck... the problem is telling me that it's going to cost me 6300 to get mine back.. I can't afford that.. it's going to be awhile.. but im told "That's Insurance"

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm asking here, but why would you want it back? The frame is most likely bent, it will never drive or feel the same if fixed and if it's totaled then it could only have a rebuilt title. (May be wrong on this). If the truck is in your yard then pull your stuff off it and let them have the truck. Anything you put on the truck that was not on there from the factory is yours and they can’t say anything about it.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I'm asking here, but why would you want it back? The frame is most likely bent, it will never drive or feel the same if fixed and if it's totaled then it could only have a rebuilt title. (May be wrong on this). If the truck is in your yard then pull your stuff off it and let them have the truck. Anything you put on the truck that was not on there from the factory is yours and they can’t say anything about it.

When I say "get mine back" I mean getting the stuff off it that I want... the two good wheels, exhaust, cab lights, etc.... the company is saying that we can't do that because they are giving us money for that.... I would like to have the motor because it's still good I think.. don't know for sure... and I really would like to have my turbo because the 03' turbo whistles louder than 04-07.. it's just the fact that I wanna be able to scrap it and not the insurance company...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl