Water in fuel

CHPMustang

Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
What's the best way to get 3/4ths tank of bad diesel into barrels so I can drop my tank?
The method I used to empty the tank for the in tank mod was to attach a length of clear hose on the output side of the fuel pump and run it to the buckets/barrel,takes a little bit of time turning the key to start several times but it worked for me :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
How do you get the hose off. Do I have to have a special tool for the fitting?
You may have the fuel line disconnect tool/s in the tool box if not Autozone/Oriellys/NAPA auto parts will have it,usually comes with like 4-5 sizes in a package.
Here's some illustrations of the simple process LINK

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Can't recall if I used 3/8" or 5/16" clear line to hook to the fuel pump outlet :confused:
Post up after you get wrapped up,get photos of the process if you can,would be another great addition to the Wiki :sweet

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Can't recall if I used 3/8" or 5/16" clear line to hook to the fuel pump outlet :confused:
Post up after you get wrapped up,get photos of the process if you can,would be another great addition to the Wiki :sweet

Wonder how that 12v rotory pump would work that I bought at Northern Tool.

Tbar

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Well I got the tank down! :thumbs The fuel was quite milky. The only thing I could talk my buddy into doing was turning the key on and off for me. :rolleyes:

I got all the fuel out once on the ground with a jar and could see water in what little fuel was left. I use a shop rag to swab out the tank.

Tommorrow I'm going to modify the pickup and take my pvc cutters to that pesky vent tube. :D

Now, I'm off to my hot date....it's a good thing she doesn't mind the faint smell of diesel :ZigBang: ....I keep catching wiffs of it even after showering! :p

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Well I got the tank down! :thumbs The fuel was quite milky. The only thing I could talk my buddy into doing was turning the key on and off for me. :rolleyes:

I got all the fuel out once on the ground with a jar and could see water in what little fuel was left. I use a shop rag to swab out the tank.

Tommorrow I'm going to modify the pickup and take my pvc cutters to that pesky vent tube. :D

Now, I'm off to my hot date....it's a good thing she doesn't mind the faint smell of diesel :ZigBang: ....I keep catching wiffs of it even after showering! :p

I stopped to help a fellow PSDer one evening cause he was broke down on the side of the road. He had just filled up at a service station a mile up the road and fuel in his fuel bowl looked just like yours........it shut his truck down. I cannot imagine what it did to his fuel pump and injectors.

As we are standing there talking a bobtail moving truck comes to a sputtering halt not 50 feet away. He had filled up at the same station. Fortunantly the station agreed to pay for their towing and repair bills.

Sounds like you caught yours just in time.

On another note...........call your girl friend and tell here to put a little diesel perfume behind her ears and you'll both be good to go. :D

Tbar

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Jim,

My father and I get fuel at the same Love's Truck Stop. The one we go to has like 10 lanes of big rig islands. When I called they said the auto diesel comes from the same tanks and they have had no complaints. :dunno

Tbar,

The bowl was nasty and I do believe I caught it just in time. But only time will tell! And on that other note....I'll mention it to her tonight. :D

Guys, is there anyway that fuel could get contanimated by a hard rainfall? Both times the light came on it rained, last Sunday morning when this whole thing started and Friday while I was at work, that's when it came back on after the cleaning and treating I did earlier. Is this just a coincidence? :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim