Water in fuel

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Got it done with a few pics! :thumbs

The pick-up mod seemed to quiet the injectors a bit. I feel alot better about my fuel system from tank to pump other than 99 cent wix filter. :( Dahl is in order I think. Wishing Air Dog. :p

John Deere

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
roosterdiesel said:
Guys, is there anyway that fuel could get contanimated by a hard rainfall? Both times the light came on it rained, last Sunday morning when this whole thing started and Friday while I was at work, that's when it came back on after the cleaning and treating I did earlier. Is this just a coincidence? :confused:

I had a problem like this a year and a half ago after we got a heavy wet snow, that turned to slush on the gravel roads and highway, I fueled up when I got to town and shortly after my water light came on. I drained the filter and the light went off, but then came on again a few minutes later. So I ran by napa and bought a few fuel filters, and when I removed the cover it looked just like yours only mine had a orange color to it. I put the new filter in as I had no way to clean the housing up. When I got home the new filter looked just like the old one, I cleaned up the housing installed another new filter, added diesel treatment to the tank and changed the filter a couple more times and it cleared up after a 100 miles. I later talked to my fuel supplier in town, and he claimed nobody else had called with problems, and that they had just changed the filters on their storage tanks a few days earlier. He did offer to reimburse me for the Fuel filters I had used, but I declined, as I wasn't sure where my problem came from, and I buy @ 10,000 gals of fuel a year from him, I prefer to stay on his good side, so that he would continue to give me good prices on the fuel he delivers to me. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim