well i guess its rebuild time

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes,it's the same block
you can't even tell it was sleeved,everthing is in except oil cooler.took my buckit of bolts to him last night.all the piston and rods was balanced and he had the bolck in the tank again before he puts together.my crank didn't needed to be turn they was able to polish it out.my cam come in and that thing looks mean just setting their.
still haven't tor my truck apart guess i better get to it,should get my motor back next weak:thumbs

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a update,got the short block together.we have injector cups to put in the heads and it is done.the hold up has been fineding a set of valve spring that didn't have to have alot of work to get them in and still have a bigger spring rate and the crank place took 3 weaks to balince it.they had to make the 10lb bob-weitghs.but it all been balinced.just have to get the new injector cups in and i get it back.i can't wait.it's real hard to take my time at the end of the build but i'm bitting my lip and riding it out.

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's DONE:thumbs .i went and picked it up last night and putting it in tomorrow. sure does look pretty i can't wait its been almost 3 months with out my truck.put alot of miles on my garden tractor:burnit

anyway
i sleeved all 8 cyclinders
standard pistons
polished piston rods
coated all bearings
preformce cam
comp valve springs
new injector cups
polished the crank
harden push rods
mico balinced crank,pistons,rods
and a little something done to the valves
new water pump
i haven't done a toal cost yet but my rough count with fluids is $5640.00,
not to bad i geuss but man it will suck a bank account dry in a hurry:(

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Sure looks purty!:sweet

Just curious, did the assembler check piston protrusion? The ones remanned at the shop I worked at were anywhere from -.005 to +.025 which is within the spec of -.010 to +.028, IIRC. I had kissed the deck on them ~.005 so I was just curious what yours was.

BTW....lifters were all okay?

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+.10 is what he told me.
i have a hole 360 miles on it now,man did i miss my truck.it took us about 16hours to get it in and running.a long day for sure.we chased some stupid leaks.one of them gave me a stroke.water started leaking out a head turn out to be a plug that wasn't tight but my heart hit the floor the other was a torn hpop line o-ring.but got it all fixed.i did put dual-ipr's on the stealth pump.it is very strong with out programing.i can't wait for tony to bring it to life.
if you ever do a engine take the tranny out so you are not try to mate the motor up with the tranny.that was tuff we ended up droping the tranny because the torque converter slid out alittle and would not spin.after we finly got the motor in their.
i should get some dyno numbers on stock programming in a weak or so.i'm geussing around 350hp.it has more power than the wifes truck and its at 310hp:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg