well i guess its rebuild time

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow movin right along! are you upgrading pushrods and valve springs too?

Luke

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the push rods are laying out in the cab.the mechinces just happen to build alcohal big blocks for his jon-boat racing fun and found a valve spring that is going to be able to keep the valves from floating at 50+ of boost.i gave him that part number i got and the spring he found has alittle more pressure than that.and it's a drop in.
plus he did alittle something to the heads.he said the valves will not float again.as long as i don't juice it
i don't have any part numbers yet but i will.and a list of all was done.should come in under $4000 complete.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
tubzz said:
the push rods are laying out in the cab.the mechinces just happen to build alcohal big blocks for his jon-boat racing fun and found a valve spring that is going to be able to keep the valves from floating at 50+ of boost.i gave him that part number i got and the spring he found has alittle more pressure than that.and it's a drop in.
plus he did alittle something to the heads.he said the valves will not float again.as long as i don't juice it
i don't have any part numbers yet but i will.and a list of all was done.should come in under $4000 complete.

Must be one of those Saint Clair LOAD boat dues down on the Meramec River! :rolleyes:
Some part numbers for the springs would be nice if you get a chance.

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rickh said:
Must be one of those Saint Clair LOAD boat dues down on the Meramec River! :rolleyes:
Some part numbers for the springs would be nice if you get a chance.

you mean one of them sullvan LOAD boat dueds down on the meramec:roflmao . he about 5miles from the state park.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Ok back when I was there they were all from Saint Clair, guess they got smart and moved to Sullivan! Gotta ask what the mechnics name is, I knew a guy south of the park on 185, name Tom, but we allways called him Tommy, about 6'6" tall guy.
Rick H...

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
his name is robbie pounds.he is a few miles down highway A.
i will get the part number from him.they don't have the rotater though.but he seams to think that the truck runs over 400* on the exshaut that the carben build up won't be a problem.the are a two pcs spring set up.
i wish some-one would come out with new rockers for these trucks,the only choice is stock and a $1500 roller rocker's.

lukecline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah new rockers would be nice, 1500 is a little steep for me right now.

psdan000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
terry, let me know if you need some famous goldstar cheese coneys shipped up your way...ill be sure to overnight them!:roflmao ...good luck man, hope to see you all back together by rally time this year:burnit

redpsd

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Wow Terry...quite a project going on. Looking forward to hearing the beast is back together and running as strong as ever.

Dave

tubzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dan, you know i'm always ready for some gold star:hail .can't get anough of that stuff.
hey dave,good to see ya.just alittle bit and it will be running :burnit

i talk to the mechines today and the sleeves are in and the block has been decked.the pistons and rebuild kit came in,heads are waiting on me to run a rocker and injector down to him to make sure the new valve springs will work/fit with each other.the piston rods done.so as soon as the cam comes. i will be down their and get my motor back:D
i have had my fill of gasser's,i can't wait

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg