We're shopping for a new car as well

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Then tell her you're gonna have to sell the EX :eek:
Problem is she loves the Excursion as much as the 18 year old Mustang:D

We want to get moved this year so we can have a 3 car garage to get all three vehicles inside.

I was behind a new 335i yesterday,what a sweet ride.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Yeah we're looking very strong now at the 2008 Jetta SportWagen TDI which comes out near the end of summer.

Staying with a Diesel is important but...........a 44 gallon tank rig that gets less than 20 mpg at $4 a gallon fuel aint gonna cut it:(

Can't believe this morning I woke up to consider selling the Excursion:wflag

Diesel

Cetane Addict
Reaction score
I'll be track'n this Thread. We're in the market for a new 2nd car also. Guna keep the 350 for Towing/Travel but looking for something Diesel or a Hybrid. Scarey though.. Don't know much about the Hybrids.

Hybrids are useless for long commutes. Thats what the marketing campaigns do not tell you. The only benefit from a Hybrid is in town driving.Be afraid , be very afraid.

The part that gets me is a hybrid owner can take a tax credit for owning one. I have a car that gets 40+ mpg without high environmental impacting batteries, do I get credit ? F#@& no!:rant

Hybrids in there current state are not cost efficient for the MFGR or the 2nd owner.The auto makers are only building them to comply with average CAFE ratings and clean air standards set forth by the EPA.

A Lexus SUV Hybrid cost Toyota 80k to build and they sell it for 50k.They can't keep that up for long.:dunno

If anyone(VW) would design a Diesel TDI/Hybrid, now that I would be interested in.:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58