Wet stacking, 2004 engine idle up mod

Reaction score
wiggles said:
I was going to try this mod and took a look under the dash on my 05 F-350 and the light blue/yellow stripe wire is not to be found among the ones that are terminated with shrink tubing.

They are all pretty small gauge wires (16-18 maybe) and there are about a dozen of them there but no blue/yellow. There are also 4 wires (red, blue, white & yellow) that are about 12-14 gauge with them that are not terminated with shrink tubing, they are just cut off with smooth ends.

I guess Ford changed colors for 05..........

Jim :dunno

Different mod - look at the top of the page for "Technical Articles WIKI" - follow that and then find the one for the 05 Upfitter Switch High Idle Mod - or something like that. Yours will be pretty easy.

Ron

wiggles

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
High Idle Mod/05

rgdillon said:
Different mod - look at the top of the page for "Technical Articles WIKI" - follow that and then find the one for the 05 Upfitter Switch High Idle Mod - or something like that. Yours will be pretty easy.

Ron

Thank you very much for the tip, I'll take care of it today.........

Jim :thumbs

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Skweeker, I just did your mod and it works great!! :thanks It took me a while as I started something else and wound up doing your mod. Your description was great and clear. I was hesitant to place 5vdc to the blue/w yellow wire for fear of frying the PCM. I hotted it up and did not let the smoke out. :thumbs

Thanks
Dave :sweet

Skweeker

Resident Guinea Pig
Reaction score
DaveBen said:
Skweeker, I just did your mod and it works great!! :thanks It took me a while as I started something else and wound up doing your mod. Your description was great and clear. I was hesitant to place 5vdc to the blue/w yellow wire for fear of frying the PCM. I hotted it up and did not let the smoke out. :thumbs

Thanks
Dave :sweet

Glad to help.

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
awesome....i 2 have been looking for a way to get this to work like you can w/ the 05. ill give it a shot tomm if i have some time.

thanks!

DaveBen/Sweeker - maybe i misread something but wouldnt you be putting 12v (or 13.8 as the case may be) to it if youre just sending batt power(white wire) to the PTO(blue/yellow) wire?

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
_CH_ said:
awesome....i 2 have been looking for a way to get this to work like you can w/ the 05. ill give it a shot tomm if i have some time.

thanks!

DaveBen/Sweeker - maybe i misread something but wouldnt you be putting 12v (or 13.8 as the case may be) to it if youre just sending batt power(white wire) to the PTO(blue/yellow) wire?

I am sorry I did mean +12vdc and not 5vdc. To many computers in my inventory to keep voltages straight.

Dave

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
http://community.webshots.com/album/361859537ASHfyN

that link should work a littler better. thanks for snapping some pics!
i just wanted to make sure i didnt miss some crucial little 'you will need to add resistor x to make this work and not fry your PCM' or something :sweet

cause uh.... that would have been BAAAD lol :eek:

_CH_

Nautiques Freak
Reaction score
rvdano52 said:
I used the ground off the parking brake that goes to the brake light on dash to a 30 amp relay ground terminal. I used a 3 amp fuse on the white w blue stripe split it after the fuse, one to a toggle switch and the other to the power terminal on the 30amp relay.
I mounted a small 12 volt light from radio shack using a solid ground, as the parking brake ground is intermittent. I connected the light wire with another wire on out sourse of the switch and used a diode going to the switch terminal on relay.
This way the light will be on when the switch is on, instead of only on after applying the parking brake. If you don`t use a diode on the switch terminal and use a solid ground,voltage will bleed back with the intermttent ground and the light will be on dim. And the same goes if you use the parking brake ground, the light will only work when you apply the parking brake.
On the wires above the parking brake,
(On mine there was only 2 wires coming out a blue w yellow stripe and a yellow wire use ONLY the blue w yellow stripe)

rvdano, why do i need a diode if i use a solid ground? or am i misreading that? :dunno

if so-sorry, been real busy today(youre supposed to be able to sleep in on weekends not get up early lol) so i might be kind of out of it.

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my switches today and installed this mod this evening, it worked great, I did test with an ammeter in series between the two wires just to be safe, everything works fine, Thanks again Swkeeker for the heads up on this!

Donnie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58