Wet stacking, 2004 engine idle up mod

Skweeker

Resident Guinea Pig
Reaction score
d.welch1 said:
Well I got my switches today and installed this mod this evening, it worked great, I did test with an ammeter in series between the two wires just to be safe, everything works fine, Thanks again Swkeeker for the heads up on this!

Donnie

You're welcome

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually remote start my truck at work in the winter time when its real cold (I leave the heat on high) (I work midnight shift and can start from the Bldg) I was wondering about leaving the idle up switch on? I tried it and remote started, the rpm's did not read for a couple of seconds and then it kind of raced to 1200 rpm's? I dont guess it will hurt anything :dunno
In case if anyone is wondering, I have turned this switch on while driving down the road, there are no after-affects from this, you cant accidentally short anything out or burn anything up, it looks to be foolproof and works great.

Skweeker

Resident Guinea Pig
Reaction score
d.welch1 said:
In case if anyone is wondering, I have turned this switch on while driving down the road, there are no after-affects from this, you cant accidentally short anything out or burn anything up, it looks to be foolproof and works great.

Remember the idle-up criteria:
1) Park or Neutral
2) Service brake not applied

The idle-up stops if you step on the brake pedal or shift out of Park or Neutral (automatic transmission vehicles).

AUG'SX

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if this will work on an Excursion?

d.welch1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess if it is an 03/04 Excursion it will? look at the very first post by Skweeker and check and see if the wires are there (I dont see why they wouldnt be), the two wires are loose, not connected to anything, if you have a digital multi meter, put the meter on miliamps, put one lead on one wire and the othere lead to the other wire, start the truck, turn the meter on, the idle will raise to 1200 rpm's. I would say iof the wires are there this mod will work (as long as its not an 05)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58