What are you paying for fuel now?

AKmud

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Crumm....your fuel up there is cheaper than down here in the valley! Wasilla is still paying $4.25. I did find a station on the Parks that has the old LSD for about $.40/gal cheaper though (not the off road stuff, taxed for hwy use)! ;tu

hdjeff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleveland Ohio area, diesel around 3.39-3.49 ish, regular gas 1.97, yep thats right under 2!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
My driver Tommy is in Syracuse, NY today and he watched them changed the price of diesel at a truck stop from 3.79 to 2.64 (something like that)

kenholl

Its my side of the garage
Reaction score
Man, I don't get this at all...

looks like the further to the southwest you are, the cheaper fuel is..
and why the hell am I paying more then anyone in the country except for Crummy?

now.. before you guys start thinking, "Oh Jessus Crisst on a BIKE, there he goes on one of his right wing diatribes again.."
I'm not sayin'.. I'm just sayin..
Crumm's paying more for fuel than anyone of us, the Trans Alaska goes through his freekin back yard, and the refinery is 10 miles away..
I'm tied three ways at second highest, and our fuel is pipelined to a terminal down by Girard from Houston (tied for third cheapest), then trucked to Dowagiac, then back here...

some things I get. Like crude oil futures. A lot of guys made a lot of money over the summer, then they figured out they lost it all back when their "killing" in crude oil jacked up all the rest of their portfolio...

this, I just don't.

JLD, the tax structure each state plays a HEAVY role in the price at the pump. From my OTR days I can tell you, all of the SW'ern states pay little->zero state tax at the pump. Those states get revenues in other ways, like state income tax...

For instance, in TX we have no state income tax, but have a fairly steep state tax at the pump. Most of the differences you are refering to are tax/fees related.

snicklas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
East Side of Indianapolis, In:
$2.25 - Unleaded
$2.89 - Exempt Diesel
"Auto" Diesel should be about $3.09, usually runs about $.20 more....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14