What can be done about "warped" rotors?

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have put a single mile on my truck without the brakes surging during a stop. I gone through multiple sets of rotors and pads yet within a few days, they are "warped" again.

FYI-I'm putting "warped" in quotations because I don't want to have a major discussion on the actual mechanics of why my brakes pulse. I know it's due to a hard spot or soft spot or some other type of lunar misalignment.

So, back on topic, do the aftermarket slotted rotors resist "warping" better than the factory version? At this point, I'm willing to shell out big bucks for a truck that can stop smoothly.

I now have a kid on the way and the authorities will throw me in jail for child abuse if I can't get the brakes and bed hop figured out.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunno If yer willing to spend the bucks.. check out High Performance Brake Pads and Brake Rotors - Frozen Rotors or call'm @ 1-888-323-8456.

I did all 4 corners.. complete brake assemblies.. and NEVER looked back.

They're brakes are AMAZING.. as compared to the OEM's or any replacements.

Excellent, thorough, prompt Customer Service too... for [Your] application too !!!

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kinda doubled up there but.. that purdy much sez it all.. X2. :):D:lmao

Joe

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I posted this on a few forums and have had numerous responses for the frozen rotors. I've looked at them in the past and kinda viewed them as a luxury. They are rapidly moving toward the "standard equipment" list though.

I should have mentioned in my original post that I do tow roughly 14,000 a few times a week. I'm positive that my trailer brakes are set properly but I'm sure that I'm not making things any easier on the current pads and rotors.

iracemine

black and tan
Reaction score
I took some bad advice and bought the ULTRA HIGH QUALITY rotors from NAPA and they warped within a week or so. And all they would do for me was to replace them. I said that they would all do the same and I wanted my money back and they stated that they can only offer a exchange.

That was a year ago. I have been driving with them like this since. I think I am going to get the man back by being sneaky. Just have to get the time to switch back to my originals (luckily I saved them) :cool:

4x4grey88

Nascar Fan #88
Reaction score
I had to replace a couple rotors before I realized that I had a bad caliper. Replaced that and all was good.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I took some bad advice and bought the ULTRA HIGH QUALITY rotors from NAPA and they warped within a week or so. And all they would do for me was to replace them. I said that they would all do the same and I wanted my money back and they stated that they can only offer a exchange.

That was a year ago. I have been driving with them like this since. I think I am going to get the man back by being sneaky. Just have to get the time to switch back to my originals (luckily I saved them) :cool:

was that the black coated ones?
I've never had a problem with them in 50,000 miles...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg