Question What did you do to your truck today?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe because you dont have to ripe 80% of the dash apart to get to the motor.

X2.

We had a Blend door motor go south on a WindStar. Ford wanted $800/900+ in labor.. to replace a $28 dollar motor. (that was 10+ years ago)

IIRC.. 2.?? to remove the Dash, .?? to R&R, 2.?? to put it back together.

Joe

Last edited:

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to remove the glovebox, air bag,radio trim plate, radio, A/c controls, trim panel for pass. right side air vent, then the air vent tube thats screwed in behind the right side air vent trim (This one is fun to get too). Then the screw behind the radio metal box, then the defrost air duct had to be moved to get room to work on the blend door motor behind the pass. left side air duct. then do it all backwords.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the 5r hooked up..The new 012 had a very slight squat I couldn't hang with.. Sooo.. I installed a set of Firestone Ride Rites today.

4th Dually, 4th set. Premo quality, heavy duty Pieces & Parts. Straight forward install, everything fit.. as advertised. No drilling. (MN for a 2012 DRW 4X4: 2535)

Life Is Good ;tu ;tu

Joe

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Took it to dealer to get new batterys. Was within a month and a half of the 3 year warranty for free replacement. Hope these make it longer but at least no charge.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out the Amber lenses on the Cab, Mirrors and Dually fenders to Smoke colored lenses with amber LED's (two reds). Smoked LED Third Brake light too.

Joe

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wired up a pair of Aux back-up lights. Used a relay powered by the OEM back-up light circuit.. aux lights draw power from a 10ga wire I added from front to back and connected to aux 1 upfitter switch. Works only in Reverse.. and only when I want more light ?

Lights up the Night.. fer shur.

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
Where did you buy the lights? I'm interested in getting some for mine as well...my last truck had some from Harbor Freight that were supposed to be fog lights but i turned them upside down and mounted them to my receiver hitch...only problem was when it rained they filled up with water:lmao. I'd like to get something a little nicer...and maybe less noticeable?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58